• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New city shirt £25

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah BB, looks like you have a fan. Put a leash on her next time.

Sprocket

Back on topic, this is a farce.

I assume we are not responsible for the incorrect packing, in which case there is a fairly open and shut legal case that Carbrini (or whoever exactly it is that we contracted with for the supply of the shirts) has to make good the difference between the sale price of each damage shirt and the standard retail price.

Provided we had a lawyer with a brain look at the contract, they should also compensate us for the lost sales due to people not wanting to buy a damaged shirt at all, even at the reduced price.

It seems to me that we should really have just postponed the launch day, but given that the bouncy castle's been booked, we're ploughing ahead and selling pink shirts at £25 a pop.

Is this actually true or just a wind up? Either way it is a joke.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sh*te standard of clothing = sh*te product

Pretty simple really.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
A launch day for a faulty product is, as Willy said, an embarrassment and very tinpot.

If, as Pete suggested, damage is minimal and £25 represents a bargain, that is not a good thing for the club (we are losing out on a bit chunk of the profit). If the shirts are significantly damaged then it is going to be a painfully awkward job for whoever has to present them to the punters at the launch.

A right royal f*ck-up.

LOG

They could become collectors' items. You may have to put up with the mockage poured on by away fans for a while, but it may be worth it.

Here to put a positive spin on things.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
A launch day for a faulty product is, as Willy said, an embarrassment and very tinpot.

If, as Pete suggested, damage is minimal and £25 represents a bargain, that is not a good thing for the club (we are losing out on a bit chunk of the profit). If the shirts are significantly damaged then it is going to be a painfully awkward job for whoever has to present them to the punters at the launch.

A right royal f*ck-up.
I read it that cabrini have agreed to discount the club on the batch of shirts so that if we sell them for £25 quid we still make the same profit as paying cabrini the original/normal price and sell them for £40 quid.

Anything else is screwing the club.

If the 20% that are apparently ok are also being sold for the reduced prices then at least these should go, and agree it would be good idea if club could upload a pic of what the shirts are like so people can decide if £25 is a bargain or not.

cabrini need to be got rid of at earliest opportunity but i was lucky with the last home shirt as it has survived regular washes over the past 18 months.

mammooman

I never had a problem with any of my Crapini city stuff. They even survived the weekly 30oC/40oC washes followed by air drying.

This truly sounds like a wind up though, hums of tinpot if true.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I never had a problem with any of my Crapini city stuff. They even survived the weekly 30oC/40oC washes followed by air drying.This truly sounds like a wind up though, hums of tinpot if true.
Aaahh...but we never see the city thong on a Saturday do we?? Another useful tip...if you do go on Sunday and buy a "cheapie", never wear it to a City game if the forecast is for rain and you sit or stand in the front 10 rows:D

Last edited:

AndrewP

Sounds like a load of old bull to me, how does a shirt become "damaged in transit"??.
More like it's been made incorrectly as we are not on the radar as important.

Absolute farce!. We surely cannot continue with this supplier?

rich13

Brought last years away shirt, it was cr*p, the flybe stickers fell off, thread started to come undone.

I wont be buying a new shirt until we have a different supplier.