• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Neil Le Milliere - Trust Election Thread

HUFC1885

As this is your 'question of the day' to all candidates, can i turn it around and ask you the same question and how you see us moving forward on this subject. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject if you feel it more appropriate. Mods any chance?
As an aside, Friends of the Earth have a campaign going to reduce/remove 'single use plastic' from Football grounds,, currently it is primarily aimed at PL. I have it on good authority that they would like to move down the football pyramid and are looking at ECFC as one of those clubs to work with.
I have put this on your question to Neil for a reason, i know Neil will understand.
FECRACE bar do have plastic glasses to be re-used which I believe you pay a bit extra for, eco side look to be powered by solar panels and a wind turbine, install an energy storage system powered by second-life batteries from used electric vehicles, batteries not only provides backup power for the stadium but also distributes energy to the surrounding area of SJP. Rainwater from the stadium roof can be collected and re-used to water the grass field, significantly reducing consumption of valuable freshwater. Fans must be encouraged to reduce their travel emissions by using active mobility, electric vehicles or the train and do on.

As for Friends of the Earth could to Trust not have a ambassador to engage with all eco movements and deliver the information to fans.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
As this is your 'question of the day' to all candidates, can i turn it around and ask you the same question and how you see us moving forward on this subject. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject if you feel it more appropriate. Mods any chance?
Why is it the question of the day to all candidates? I know its important to recycle water bottles and beer cans etc. but as Mike says: The thread is getting crushed by the topic. I know I cant get anything done, but cant one of the friendly mods hook out or delete comments that continually make comments regarding waste management. The candidates shouldnt have to navigate around stuff like that. The threads getting spoiled by it FFS!

Gareth

Will you be doing a candidate flyers like one I have seen on Saturday found it very interesting and helpful
View attachment 1315
Christ is this guy serious? He’s listed “Working with ethnic minorities” as if it’s a skill.

HUFC1885

Would you like to see the Trust to bring in open accounts showing what the Club Board is paid as well as the top management.

NleMecfc

Just a quick post on here to say that I haven't been around to come onto Exeweb since my first series of posts as just too busy with other volunteering tasks and attending games. if I have time I will try to answer the questions posed but to be honest its unlikely. As those of you who attended the Hustings know i was unable to attend due to other commitments and these also prevented me dialling in. Those of you who have received a link to the answers we were asked to provide to questions sent to the Trust may have noticed my answers are not there. It seems they went into the spam folder of who they were submitted to so were not added to the others. I've received an apology and they are now awaiting uploading tonight. If there are any questions here that weren't put to the Trust then feel free to send them to me direct at [email protected] and I'll come back here to answer them.

NleMecfc

Thanks Neil,
I'm no IT expert, quite the opposite but having voted online in other elections, the Labour Party leadership election probably being the ball biggest with most far reaching implications, which seemed a very simple process, (from memory I was sent a link to my registered email, that generated a unique single use code, that I used in conjunction with my membership number I think. Although it was three years ago, so can't be certain) so i'm surprised to hear the concerns. As someone who's been involved with online elections, could you explain why or how these votes can be compromised. Maybe the faults you identified with Newcastle's software might shed some light. This is a genuine question as I really don't know what the issues are and every time ask I get the stock answer about robustness, but without explanation of the issues.

I would say that a postal paper ballot certainly isn't the easiest thing to do as you suggest. The nearest post box to me is about a mile or so away. As I and people in general don't use traditional post much these days, I no longer carry stamps around with me, so first have to remember tö find somewhere to buy a stamp, then during my busy work schedule i have to remember to post it, often I can't find somewhere to stop nearby a post box i might pass or simply don't have the time. The last time I had to post a letter, it was in my car for six days before I got round to posting it. So no, posting a ballot isn't as easy as voting by tapping a few keys on my phone or computer from the comfort of my living room, as i'm doing now.
Hi again Byll, just a quick reply, have a look at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/search?search=electronic+voting which covers many of the questions you raise including legal and technical issues and gives a far better answer than I ever could.

NleMecfc

Any chancewe can get new beers into FECRACE the old standards are getting a bit boring.
Agreed, we are pointing that out to those who are ordering the beer.

NleMecfc

Did you enjoy the Hustings last night

Do you wish you could have attended
I didn't enjoy, nor not enjoy them not having been there or able to watch. Personal choice, I was already taking my wife out that evening and was not prepared to cancel that having had the tickets booked for many months. I did inform those proposing that date as soon as it was put to us. If I am to be judged on my non-attendance then so be it, sometimes personal relationships have to come first.

NleMecfc

FECRACE bar do have plastic glasses to be re-used which I believe you pay a bit extra for, eco side look to be powered by solar panels and a wind turbine, install an energy storage system powered by second-life batteries from used electric vehicles, batteries not only provides backup power for the stadium but also distributes energy to the surrounding area of SJP. Rainwater from the stadium roof can be collected and re-used to water the grass field, significantly reducing consumption of valuable freshwater. Fans must be encouraged to reduce their travel emissions by using active mobility, electric vehicles or the train and do on.

As for Friends of the Earth could to Trust not have a ambassador to engage with all eco movements and deliver the information to fans.
Just to correct one small point, you don't pay extra for your drink at the FECRACE just a deposit on the mug which is refunded once you have finished with it thus not only encouraging multi-use but also then saving on clearing up and glass/rubbish collection.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi again Byll, just a quick reply, have a look at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/search?search=electronic+voting which covers many of the questions you raise including legal and technical issues and gives a far better answer than I ever could.
Lots of the reports on the page you have pointed us to are more than 10 years old. Of course there were concerns when digital voting was first used but, as you might imagine, the technology has come a long way since then.

Indeed the Electoral Reform Service, which is 'the UK's leading independent provider of end-to-end ballot, election and voting services', and renowned the world over for its integrity, is one of a number of organisations the Trust could engage to conduct an election on its behalf.

IMO, any forward-thinking organisation intent on driving greater engagement should be seeking to move in this direction at the earliest opportunity – rather than looking for reasons to avoid doing so. Notwithstanding this, as I have said previously, it's ridiculous to site concerns about the security of online voting while ballot boxes are left unguarded / unsecured in various locations at SJP. To be clear, I don't have a huge issue with this, but to suggest online voting is less secure is, plainly, nonsense.