• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Neil Le Milliere - Trust Election Thread

NleMecfc

Many thanks to Byll for alerting me to the fact that discussion were taking place here, not being a regular (or even irregular) user of Exeweb I was unaware it was happening until this.

As always, I am happy to try to answer any questions anyone may have for me or expand on any points of interest in my manifesto which, along with the other Candidates', can be found here.

Alternatively I am available by phone (0794 661 5889), email ([email protected]), at the FECRACE bar on home matchdays, or in a pub pre-away match or in the crowd itself during the games.

The only thing I'd ask is that anyone that does have questions for me (or other candidates) on here does the courtesy of identifying themselves as, not being a regular user of this media, I am unaware of the people behind the IDs.

Cheers, Neil

Dannyred

Many thanks to Byll for alerting me to the fact that discussion were taking place here, not being a regular (or even irregular) user of Exeweb I was unaware it was happening until this.

As always, I am happy to try to answer any questions anyone may have for me or expand on any points of interest in my manifesto which, along with the other Candidates', can be found here.

Alternatively I am available by phone (0794 661 5889), email ([email protected]), at the FECRACE bar on home matchdays, or in a pub pre-away match or in the crowd itself during the games.

The only thing I'd ask is that anyone that does have questions for me (or other candidates) on here does the courtesy of identifying themselves as, not being a regular user of this media, I am unaware of the people behind the IDs.

Cheers, Neil
You Don't seem to mention building a successful women's team ? One Club

I would like to know your views.

Red Bill

Several candidates have mentioned trying to increase engagement with fans/members and I have put questions relating to this to some of you based on statements made in your manifestos. But here’s some questions for you all.

Better member engagement is often talked about and disappointment often expressed at the lack of it. This is particularly true in relation to voting in Trust Board elections where turnout is frequently low. I believe if we as a Trust are serious about this we need to ensure we make it as easy as possible for people to engage and take part in the election process. Three years ago I was invited to participate in an election review panel and one of our recommendations to the Trust Board resulting from our review, was the introduction of an online voting facility. Our recommendations were sent to the board, who were I believe going to look further into this proposal, but I’m unaware of any progress having been made. This seems to me a very obvious and simple way to help increase engagement in elections. So my questions are:
  • Do you support this idea?
  • If elected would you try to work towards its introduction?
  • What other ways do you think members could be encouraged to take part in the election process?

Red Bill

Question for Neil and Clive only; (for Neil's sake, I am Byll. But i think you might be shooting yourself in the foot asking people to identify themselves!)

I've seen it suggested by former trustees that although there are some sensitive issues discussed, there are also a lot of things unnecessarily restricted to only the closed part of TB meetings. (for those unaware of this, TB meetings are open to all trust members, however there is a section of the meetings to which only trustees can be present, where more sensitive issues are discussed)

Do you agree with this and if so how would you try to persuade your fellow trustees to change this culture?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Question for Neil and Clive only; (for Neil's sake, I am Byll. But i think you might be shooting yourself in the foot asking people to identify themselves!)

I've seen it suggested by former trustees that although there are some sensitive issues discussed, there are also a lot of things unnecessarily restricted to only the closed part of TB meetings. (for those unaware of this, TB meetings are open to all trust members, however there is a section of the meetings to which only trustees can be present, where more sensitive issues are discussed)

Do you agree with this and if so how would you try to persuade your fellow trustees to change this culture?
Yes. Maybe he hasn't read the Exeweb rules, where it clearly states that Exeweb is proud that it accepts anonymous posters.
Also by speaking on behalf of the other candidates (that posters should also reveal their true ID to them) is beyond the remit of the thread starter. Other candidates have quite happily replied to anonymous posters : they don't need guidance and can think for themselves.
Good luck with your campaign, though.

eurogrecian

Hi Neil. First of all, thanks for standing – quite a commitment
Are there any circumstances in which you would agree for the Trust to sell or cede its stake in the ownership of Exeter City – a “yes” or “no” answer please, followed by any explanation you may wish to give to explain your answer.

(my name is in my profile)

HUFC1885

I believe there’s nothing more important than fostering our local youth sports to provide children a safe place to get physically active and enjoy competitive football matches with their peers.

How would you like The Trust to be more involved in youth teams further promote The Trust & Junior Grecians and of course ECFC to all our FA Team members who play every weekend in the Greater Exeter Area.

Rob
HUFC & ECFC Supporter

HUFC1885

D
I believe there’s nothing more important than fostering our local youth sports to provide children a safe place to get physically active and enjoy competitive football matches with their peers.

How would you like The Trust to be more involved in youth teams further promote The Trust & Junior Grecians and of course ECFC to all our FA Team members who play every weekend in the Greater Exeter Area.

Rob
HUFC & ECFC Supporter
Full name Robyn Goodall as requested

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Neil, what are your thoughts of the branding of Exeter City FC? I see the need to improve the commercial income of the Club, but could it create a wedge between the traditional football followers and the Club?

BTW. You're welcome to leave the response to this question until after the announcement tomorrow evening. ;)😉

Hants of Hampshire.

HUFC1885

This years Trust competitive Election unfortunately aligned to the 3 year tenure this highly competitive year will be followed by a semi competitive year to no election uncontested.

Would you consider re-standing next year or like Trustee Peter Holding standing on a bi-yearly so standing every two years not three.

He won re-election 3 years ago then stood last year so will be re-standing next year, would you as a candidate be willing to stand down after one or two year and let the membership re-vote for you on for your achievements.

Regards,

Robyn Goodall