• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bear in mind this was recorded post Fleetwood…

He said some stuff out loud that perhaps aren’t as they seem (to give him the benefit of the doubt) but concerned me nonetheless:

Rough quotes these, recommend listening yourself…

- “people say we can’t afford to sack managers, and that’s true - we can’t”

-“Tis learnt the most from going down, followed by a quote from Readers Digest about a finance guy that lost £5m and his boss says ‘you didn’t lose £5m, we spent £5m on you learning’ or something like that…

-“I think we have the right person, I really do” RE: GC

- “we have a good reputation of 5 managers in 20 years… I would like to say, at least.. even if the fans want a change every 5 minutes”

-“when you have a sensible intelligent person they will learn from their mistakes… what are you going to do, bring the next one in and start again?”
Right, OK then - I've not been to Barrow so at least I can look forward to that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh and he used to read exeweb “religiously” until a 2/3 years ago. Wonder if he had a multi 👀
I haven't had a snotty email about a post of mine for a long time. He was reminded we are an independent site and that goes for the admin as well.

I am however waiting for one from the current chair concerning something written about the women's team.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
-“Tis learnt the most from going down".

Did he, we were ***** for the next five seasons.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
-“Tis learnt the most from going down".

Did he, we were ***** for the next five seasons.
I thought the same.....

Grecianman135

-“when you have a sensible intelligent person they will learn from their mistakes… what are you going to do, bring the next one in and start again?”
Well Gary clearly hasn't yet ...

simcity

Bear in mind this was recorded post Fleetwood…

He said some stuff out loud that perhaps aren’t as they seem (to give him the benefit of the doubt) but concerned me nonetheless:

Rough quotes these, recommend listening yourself…

- “people say we can’t afford to sack managers, and that’s true - we can’t”

-“Tis learnt the most from going down, followed by a quote from Readers Digest about a finance guy that lost £5m and his boss says ‘you didn’t lose £5m, we spent £5m on you learning’ or something like that…

-“I think we have the right person, I really do” RE: GC

- “we have a good reputation of 5 managers in 20 years… I would like to say, at least.. even if the fans want a change every 5 minutes”

We're really in the mud then.

Caldwell has been relegated at Wigan, won promotion, then sacked after being near the bottom and winless. Relegated at Chesterfield then sacked and then sacked by Partick leaving them bottom of the Scottish second tier, when is he going ot learn from his mistakes?

Also, the tactics have been the same since he's been here and he's lost 50% of his games in charge, when is he going to learn that maybe they don't work and should change them?

These responses from Taggy don't feel me with any confidence those in the boardroom have a clue about how to deal with difficult situations other than sit on their hands and wait - the only reason Tis left was the fans voting to give notice on the 2 year roller and then Tis turning down a contract offer from the club - the board did nothing proactive other than having MT lined up with the deadline for Tis to respond was up.

Shambles!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it being suggested Taggy used to post on Exeweb until 2 or 3 years ago? What was his username?

SuperStags1929

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Tagg's role? I get the impression that he's very proud of where the club has come from in a relatively small period of time, but you can't last on past success. Fans need the here and now and at the moment, Exeter seem in a very bad position (on the field).

Grecianman135

Is it being suggested Taggy used to post on Exeweb until 2 or 3 years ago? What was his username?
More to the point who put him off Exeweb,who's to blame?? I'm guessing Pete USA... 😉

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be more surprised if representatives of the club weren't looking at Exeweb. Companies pay good money to get customer feedback and the club get it for free here.