• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone ?

1707956100294.png

Banksy

We’re all out here in The Void Al.Struggling a bit health wise at the moment and what with the house move and all have not felt like doing much lately .And the last effort limped along for a bit until Swanny showed up on his white charger and saved the day.
Still , I trotted out a few quick questions tonight whilst watching Masters of the Air ( excellent) , along the lines of your blackness pic above to keep you going for a while.Watch this space.

Banksy

So here we go. The answers will have something to do with night time , darkness , etc.
Usual format .’The ‘ is not needed at start of group’s name , assuming of course it is a group, could be a sole performer . Simple point for each.
Also a clue. Once again I’ll make the clue more obvious if you struggle with answers. They seem reasonable to me but that’s easy to say ?! Bit of a rush so hope this comes out o.k! 😉
1 ) Title. 5; 5; Artist 3; 4 . Clue . Wake up sweating in the early morning?
2) Title 5; 2; 5 ; Artist 7; 6. Clue . Another song by DoJa Cat includes painting the town anther colour.
3) Title 7; 2 ; 3; 4 ; Artist 5 ; 11 . Clue. How can they see to waltz in this light without a torch.
4) Title 9; 2; 3; 5 ; Artist 5; 7 . Clue .Do I know you or are we just ######### ?
5) Title 2; 3 ; 5; 2 ; 3 ; 7; 4; Artist 5;3 ; Clue . Al’s pic made brighter by this object in the sky.

Last edited:

iscalad

3) Dancing in the dark...Bruce Springsteen.

Spoonz Red E

4) Strangers In The Night - Frank Sinatra

Spoonz Red E

5) By The Light Of The Silvery Moon - Doris Day

Neat. :)

Banksy

So scores to date .Spoonz four points ( one for each artist , one for each song). Isca two points for his answer.
It’s difficult finding a balance between making the clues hard or just too simple.
As I say , I wouldn’t want Al to think he was bumping around on his own in the dark for too long though so I rushed it out on the spur of the moment.
Was tempted to add a few quirky clues to spice it up , maybe another time.

Banksy

Final bonus question using Al’s pic as the theme.
Look and think of the picture and theme.
Bonus.
Title: 5 ; 5 ; Artist : 5 ; 6; 3; Clue .See ref to film below . One point for Title , one for artist.

There is a film of the same name , first in a series , that came out early in the noughties. 5; 5 ; one point for title.
So 13 points to earn total .

Banksy

Bit daft of me, the film title would be just an easy point as the same as the song title.Doh! Still I will leave as is for now , just get the music piece first.This was only meant to be a stocking filler anyway.
I’m thinking sometime of maybe another music quiz with the music titles leading to book/film characters or similar if that works. Will see how we get on.

STURTZ

1) Night Fever - Bee Gees