• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK v ECFC predictions

Bittners a Legend

3-0 City. A first City goal for Aaron Martin. Tisdale to confirm that his side were just an inch away from victory and remind MK fans that we are entitled to try and score a goal.

Ash

MK Dons 1-5 Exeter
Love it! 😂💞

Ash

I haven't wanted to win so much in a long time (play offs excepted). Heart says Franchise 1 City 3. Head says 1-1. My money is on the former!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The match up between JMT and Stockley should be interesting. My money is on Stockley winning that one, given the assistance he will receive from his strike partner Forte, and new found support from the midfield.

Besides JMT wouldn't have the room in his "pocket" as Matt Rhead is still probably trying to find his way out after the home leg of the semi final with the Imps ! ;)

arthur

0 0 A tense anticlimax. By the time they come to our place we'll be 15 points clear and beat them easily, but we won't need to care so much by then

Pete Martin (CTID)

On the strength of the comments on MKD's forum, I'm going for a 3-1 victory! :D

"I fear we are going to lose on Saturday , cannot see us scoring more than one goal, while Exeter with the two front men they have got will score a few , we have been lucky up to now , because the other teams , bury and Grimsby did not take there chances, I think Exeter will."

"If we start like we did on Tuesday, the game will be over by half-time. We really need to move the ball quicker and more accurately. Scoring goals was a problem last year and is still a problem."

"Thinking the same. We've played against average sides so far who will all probably finish somewhere mid-table. Although we're still unbeaten, it's thanks to us having a decent defence up against mediocre attacking sides.

Won't be the case on Saturday, and those chances missed by other teams will be taken by the likes of Stockley (3 goals already) and Forte (2 goals already).

We've been lucky so far to get away with not having any real potency up front, but Saturday it will more than likely come back to bite us. Too late to bring in anybody now when we should have already, but hopefully Saturday will finally make Tisdale realise we need a couple of loanee strikers/wingers."

"****ING HELL ALERT THE COASTGUARD AND MOUNTAIN RESCUE AND MAYBE INTERNATIONAL RESCUE TOO.
Who cares if we lose. Especially to Exeter. I find a draw with Grimsby more annoying that a loss to one of the best in the division".

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their comments do seem bizarre bearing in mind they haven't lost a game yet and they feel their defence has been strengthened some are somewhat defeatist ahead of Saturday - could be a ploy to lull us into a false sense of security, but then it is a Tisdale rebuilding project! Anyway back to the point and here's hoping that we take full advantage of our rights, particularly the right to score, and go for 3-0 A Martin, Stockley & Forte 729 travelling Grecians and 7022 impersonating ones

Terryhall

On the evidence of the first few games, we have started games with energy and urgency and looked to take the game to the opposition early.

On the evidence of the previous 12 years, Tisdale will likely set up his team to defend until the 75th minute and then try to nick the game.

So I predict us to be 2 goals up at half time, and then a late flurry from MK to pull one back with Harley putting in a corner, knock down header from Simpson and JMT buries it, but the final score is 2-1 City.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Lewington is playing we need to put him under pressure, he's nearly as slow as Clinton Morrison.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Lewington is playing we need to put him under pressure, he's nearly as slow as Clinton Morrison.
He seems to be playing as a DM rather than a LB these days. But he surely can't be as slow as Sir Clinton of Morrison?