• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Minutes applause at 2.52 pm on saturday....

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is. One of the highlights of our days in the non-league.
Indeed,one of my favourites as well..Outplayed for 88 minutes then Chall's bags a brace at the end..& a smoke grenade just to add to all of it...Magic...:D..

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed,one of my favourites as well..Outplayed for 88 minutes then Chall's bags a brace at the end..& a smoke grenade just to add to all of it...Magic...:D..
This very game here Russ :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XAF7tugcE&feature=search

Oldsmobile-88

Nice one mate.......Also Conference TV...Much missed(well by me anyway)

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was there that day too, was on the phone to Lou when Challs scored the 2nd goal and she was shopping in Barnstaple at the time and she threw her shopping on the floor to celebrate in the car park she was in! :D

PeteUSA

Anyway, back on topic.. I think its f*cking hard lines that we had to have a minutes applause when you've just lost a player like Adam. I'm certainly open to correction, but I find it hard to believe that his family members really deep down inside wanted 60 seconds of applause in his memory.

It absolutely stinks that this minutes silence crap has been introduced because the indiscriminent few at these sad occasions feel the need to f*ck it up! Either way, rightly or wrongly, applause it was, and its over. I dont buy into the applause approach when we've just lost one of the most popular players in Citys history, at the tender age of 31.

Fez Army HQ - somewhere behind enemy lines ..
... this minutes silence crap
Think you may have made a mistake with this Pete - it kind of takes the sting out of your rhetoric. For what it's worth I felt that we had both silence (during the 'eulogy') & the applause afterwards. It was just the right balance of remembrance & celebration of a life that positively affected so many people.

PeteUSA

Think you may have made a mistake with this Pete - it kind of takes the sting out of your rhetoric.QUOTE]

Your quite right SLH, I did make an error, but I still totally disagree with a minutes applause. It was devised because people wouldnt honour the silence, and now its stuck because a handfull of hoolies have no consideration.

crocks

I get the feeling that Marie and the family want to celebrate Stans life and in the spirit of that, applause was more fitting than a minutes silence.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get the feeling that Marie and the family want to celebrate Stans life and in the spirit of that, applause was more fitting than a minutes silence.
What the man said.