• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Minutes applause at 2.52 pm on saturday....

scholsey

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2128016,00.html

This is to give players time before kick off so it says in the link.

Personally i would of rathered a minutes silence but im guessing the family have a say in this too? I respect any decission made by the club or the family!
R.I.P to a true city LEGEND!!!
x

PINHOE RED

Thanks for the heads up

Copernicus

Needs to be earlier, players, club officials and the supporters will need longer to compose themselves. Many people will still be crying at 3pm.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well they can hardly do it at 2.30 can they, IMO it should be just before the kick-off as per usual to build up the atmosphere and get it going proper.

cityno1ledgend

This is a good call by the club but i think a minute silence would have been better but the applause cant be spoiled by anyone.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Minutes silence for me but hey ho , respect is respect.

rustle

Was thinking about starting a thread about whether to have silence or applause. To me silence seems more appropriate somehow but it's the recognition/respect which is really important whatever happens.

rustle

....and I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of anyone who broke the silence

newburygrecian

I'm coming round to the idea of applause. There will be silence while Fullsy reads a eulogy which can take as long as he wants, then raucous applause with everyone standing for a minute, then singing, shouting, whatever we want for the full duration of the game.

exehausted2

Is it the expectation of some people that all we do for that minute is clap our hands (Newbury Grecian's post) - surely not? I would like to hear the "One Adam Stansfield" song personally but is somebody going to say "Shhh!"? I'm just trying to make sure that eveybody knows what is expected of them.