• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Millenic Alli is a Grecian!

C j phill

can you name one in the last 20 years?
No, but that's not the point. If a club signs a mature player (someone over the age of 21) I would expect them to be ready to play for the first team, not take a few months to get up to speed. We wont agree on this, you have your view and I have mine, which is fine.

Ian Tarr

No, but that's not the point. If a club signs a mature player (someone over the age of 21) I would expect them to be ready to play for the first team, not take a few months to get up to speed. We wont agree on this, you have your view and I have mine, which is fine.
So are you saying that a 21-year-old is expected to be "oven ready". Very few are, or at least they are still in a relatively early development stage.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
can you name one in the last 20 years?
Jamie Vardy

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jamie Vardy
Conference to Championship for Jamie Vardy, same jump as...Jamie Mackie 😉

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie Vardy
Kinda proves the point in that one player in the last 20 years has made the jump successfully. There may be a few others but moving up two divisions in one go is a big jump

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBF Scott started the season OK. Downhill from there after his injury, sadly for him, but to the delight of the usual suspects on here who need a scapegoat for when we don't perform well..
I dont need a scapegoat. James Scott was absolute dog sh!t for us, made even worse by a lack of effort. Only a fool finds excuses for him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think once Alli settles down, improves fitness, and gets used to L1 levels he'll be a good player. At the moment everything feels a bit hectic when he's on the ball. It's almost like he does some difficult things really well but messes up the basics.

A work in progress for sure, but I have a feeling he might develop in to a really useful player next season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think once Alli settles down, improves fitness, and gets used to L1 levels he'll be a good player. At the moment everything feels a bit hectic when he's on the ball. It's almost like he does some difficult things really well but messes up the basics.

A work in progress for sure, but I have a feeling he might develop in to a really useful player next season.
Yes for sure. I had a good chat at the interval with him at the last fans forum and I was struck by his modesty but also his determination in wanting to make the most of his opportunity.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont need a scapegoat. James Scott was absolute dog sh!t for us, made even worse by a lack of effort. Only a fool finds excuses for him.
From what can be seen no improvement since joining St Mirren not getting a regular start and no goals scored.

suffolklad

From what little i've of him can see the potential. He's quite a big lad with good feet and quick. He could easily turn out be be a very good no9, time will tell, i rate him.