• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

Timps58

Is it not time for the Cameron Dawson "we want you to stay" song but now to Matt?!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon Phil Brown might be in the frame. Just left Barrow having kept them up and opted not to negotiate a new deal with them. Suspect he has something in mind
That would be a desperate appointment.

Agent Andy

Yeah he will also probably be sacked if he’s not in the top six by xmas also.
Do you play it safe or do you try to better yourself , I wouldn’t begrudge him the chance of managing a club with bigger ambitions .

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon Phil Brown might be in the frame. Just left Barrow having kept them up and opted not to negotiate a new deal with them. Suspect he has something in mind
I've just written Phil B a spiffing reference so he should get it now !

Christian

Like any job even outside of football you have to make a move when your stock is high! Matt has to leave now! He will never be forgotten for what he has done for our club, but from a purely selfish perspective he will want to further his career at a higher level. We don't have the budget to be knocking on the door of the Championship and beyond, and I'm sure deep down he knows that. I know he loves the club, but if we end up struggling near the foot of League 1 next year he will just be another also ran...

I'd love him to stay but I'm also resigned to the fact he wont be here next season!

ExmouthMart

Perhaps taking over at FGR as Manager with Tisdale as director of football might be another option?! Dale Vince has plenty of money and gives his Managers time. Didn’t Mark Cooper have a five year contract!! Tricky time for Taylor. His stock is high at the moment and he might not get another opportunity. He has the safest job in football but will it really match his ambition long term?!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like any job even outside of football you have to make a move when your stock is high! Matt has to leave now! He will never be forgotten for what he has done for our club, but from a purely selfish perspective he will want to further his career at a higher level. We don't have the budget to be knocking on the door of the Championship and beyond, and I'm sure deep down he knows that. I know he loves the club, but if we end up struggling near the foot of League 1 next year he will just be another also ran...

I'd love him to stay but I'm also resigned to the fact he wont be here next season!
Crikey chin up son. No point dwelling on what might be the case but now is the time to back Matt in our League One campaign next season!

Matt Russell

A bold prediction ChristIAN.
Hoping you fall short as per another grecIAN's efforts.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt looks very focused on his work and never goes over the top , I would imagine he’s ambitious and wants to get to the top .
Which is exactly why he wouldn't choose Charlton IMO. They're too much of a basket case.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale and FGR seems like a perfect fit. Small club in Gloucester is right up his street. He might even get to see out a whole season with them.

MT to Charlton, I just can't see it. Maybe a year or 2 down the line. The expectancy at Charlton will be much higher and if he were to be lower mid table by Xmas he may well be out of a job. Charlton is not going to bring him the riches that you wouldn't begrudge him leaving for. He's ours for at least 1 more season.