• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see him wamting to make trips to Barrow, Carlisle and Hartlepool again in a hurry. He would only leave it move upwards.
Not as far to those clubs from Swindon!

simcity

Ben Garner now confirmed as Charlton manager. Mods can we now we now close this fecking thread so we don't have to endure more totally irrelevant rubbish being posted !
Might as well leave it open or there’ll be a new thread opened in December when Garner has been sacked…

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see him wamting to make trips to Barrow, Carlisle and Hartlepool again in a hurry. He would only leave it move upwards.
I don’t think we can assume that. It all comes down to money and if Swindon offered him an amazing deal he’d surely consider it. That club has huge potential too.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see him going this summer but I’m still a bit wary of this link.

ExmouthMart

Any Club taking a chance on Taylor would be taking a massive gamble because of the way we operate. Namely our Managers get plenty of time regardless of results. There is no stomach for change. If we have a miserable season in League One we will still persevere with Taylor unless he decides to move on. Would he face the same scenario as Tisdale if he left?! Never quick enough to get the necessary results and so moved on.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any Club taking a chance on Taylor would be taking a massive gamble because of the way we operate. Namely our Managers get plenty of time regardless of results. There is no stomach for change. If we have a miserable season in League One we will still persevere with Taylor unless he decides to move on. Would he face the same scenario as Tisdale if he left?! Never quick enough to get the necessary results and so moved on.
True, but Swindon (or any other potentially interested club) would look at his overall record and be of the opinion they’re going for one of the best young managers in the EFL. I’m not sure they’d see it as a massive gamble at all. He’s had 4 seasons and his teams have always been battling for promotion. It’d be more of a gamble if they went for a newbie such as Ryan Mason who’s also linked.

IndoMike

Not as far to those clubs from Swindon!
Yet still a fair old hike...

IndoMike

Macquire shouldnt be on a pitch let alone in an England shirt on a pitch !
Saka reminds me of Walcott **** he has quick reactions and a hell of a pace.
You knew Grealish would try and get something by going down
First time I've watched Bowen , looks like a good enough player and reads the situation quite well
Sterling as normal missed a couple of chances which were harder to miss than score or pass to another player.

Italy had more players on and 2 off the pitch helping to favour them , even the commentary team were confused at times it was that blatant with the bias towards them.
All in all a dull game
So Taylor's not going to Charlton .

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think we can assume that. It all comes down to money and if Swindon offered him an amazing deal he’d surely consider it. That club has huge potential too.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see him going this summer but I’m still a bit wary of this link.
Matt Taylor has already said that with his wife expecting, family is his priority. The only way I can see him leaving Exeter in the forseeable future is to move close to his family in the north-west.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor has already said that with his wife expecting, family is his priority. The only way I can see him leaving Exeter in the forseeable future is to move close to his family in the north-west.
Indeed. However, for the sake of argument, let’s say he’s on 1.5k per week now and Swindon offer him 3k per week, that’d surely tempt him. After all, baby’s aren’t cheap to bring up :ROFLMAO:.

I agree that he’s a man of his word and the timing to move on doesn’t feel right at all, but stranger things have happened.

Bridgy 81

Let’s hope his wife’s family don’t live near Swindon then 😬