• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to…….. Chelsea!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good grief antman. Never knew that.

Ah, The Left Bank. Finest store in our fair City. Regular pre-match routine on Saturdays popping in there to thumb through the vinyls (before nipping next door to Tandy (or Radio Shack if you prefer) to lust over the latest primitive and unaffordable "tech")

I'm sure you must of scowled at me sometimes for not buying the latest album chart toppers.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I lived in St Thomas from aged 4 to 9. At that time my Dad worked with his brother Richard, whose record shop The Left Bank in Paris St was the coolest record shop in town. Then we moved to Taunton, unfortunately. My Dad opened another great record shop in Taunton, Bath Place Records, where I worked on Saturday as a teenager.
Absolutely the coolest. I frequented it every Saturday for many a year. Select an album from the display cases, hand it to whoever was found behind the counter (probably your dad or uncle) and ask to listen. Album would go on the turntable while I went into the listening booth and put the headphones on. Part of the weekend ritual as a teenager.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I did grow up in Taunton so remember Bath Place Records very well especially from the mid to late 70s perhaps into the early 80s.
If you ever went in there on a Saturday I probably sold you an LP or two.

When Hants comes back from his holidays he will be upset at how off topic this thread has gone. mind you, it is all it deserved to be fair

Last edited:

CWH-NYC_

Born in Mowbray Hospital in Heavitree (no longer there) but lived in alphington - that place has changed since I was there (left in 1977!)
I am also a decedent of Mowbray, Countess Wear after that. As for the Left Bank, a regular browser but irregular buyer, very rare to get a bargain in there but it was a special shop.