• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I spoke to a few players last Thursday. They were all in good spirits, having a laugh.
No feeling of dissent at all.
They'd probably had a good day on the training ground though. All that matters

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Hartridge and Kite should be starters. Personally I think we signed too many midfielders in the summer when we already had Kite, Taylor and Borges. While Carroll, Cole and Trevitt all have good qualities, I think we only needed to add two of them, if that. We probably blew a lot of budget on Carroll which we could have and should have used in a striker. Cox could then have been getting 15 to 20 minutes towards the end of comfortable games instead of being thrown in the deep end and then sent off to Yeovil. If Harry Lee is really attracting interest from bigger clubs, perhaps we could have given him some good league one experience. Then there's that young Richards who has been in and around the squad for a few games this season.

They couldn't have done any worse than what's been served up.
But, with the exception of Lee, that’s the team that lost 0-9 to Reading… so I’d suggest you’re slightly misguided… and I’m no Caldwell apologist.

Taylor was coming back from a horrific injury. To consider him a first team starter during the season planning would have been insane.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room because there’s not really much to lose, no real leaders just kids and yes men. Who’s going to mutiny within that group of lads? None of them.

Arguably part of our problem is we don’t have those mavericks who might come with a bit attitude and sway within the group. Have to say that MT team was the perfect balance of nerds (Jay, Kite, Key) and cool kids (Nombe, Brown,), with some wise heads in there too (Dawson, Sweeney, Amond)

I also don’t think they particularly believe in the football they’re playing - you can see it in the frustrations and the nitpicking of each other when they’re out there which isn’t evident in a confident team doing well.
Nerds! Made me laugh.

Coppers

I was told yesterday that Harry is going to Rovers but I don't know if that is January or in the Summer. Both him and Alex will be free in the summer so I doubt Matt would pay a fee for Harry and I doubt we will let him go in January.
Willand Rovers on loan?

Gordon Dale

Where did you see GC has lost the dressing room?
If you can't see that ...I don't think anyone can help you.

iscalad

If you can't see that ...I don't think anyone can help you.
No , I just wondered where this has been reported.

Gordon Dale

No , I just wondered where this has been reported.
It hasn't been 'reported' . As it was self evident ( to me!) I put the statement directly to Tagg on 15/11 after the Senior Reds meeting and he did not dispute it.

iscalad

It hasn't been 'reported' . As it was self evident ( to me!) I put the statement directly to Tagg on 15/11 after the Senior Reds meeting and he did not dispute it.
Article in DevonLive says different.

iscalad

Maybe we can find each other if there's a meeting in January.

AndyR

I'm not doubting your recollection but I find that very hard to believe. Did JT have his hearing aids in?! Also saying he did not dispute it (which may just mean he simply didn't hear or misunderstood) is not the same as saying he agreed with it.