• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Ex-ciderrr

Worse case outcome gets sacked by Rovers and there's still a vacancy at muff. Too far south perhaps?
Wouldn’t see him as that desperate, or stupid.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Worse case outcome gets sacked by Rovers and there's still a vacancy at muff. Too far south perhaps?
Didn't realise Weymouth had sacked their manager

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't realise Weymouth had sacked their manager
Exmouth maybe.......

StudentGrecian

The going back up north comment is a stick often used to beat him with. He admittedly made the comment as a player before ending up at Charlton. If you’re still butthurt about that then there’s no hope.

He never mentioned it about Rotherham, in fact he uprooted his young family at short notice to take up the opportunity.

Get a grip, it’s not anti-Caldwell to respect a city legend.

roger wellman

Merely suggesting that due to it's location and his northern roots Plymouth may not be his preferred destination. As you rightly point out this might of been more of a consideration as a player than as a manager. Meant no dis-respect. Apologies if it was taken as such. Is one of my favourite City managers and players.

arthur

Merely suggesting that due to it's location and his northern roots Plymouth may not be his preferred destination. As you rightly point out this might of been more of a consideration as a player than as a manager. Meant no dis-respect. Apologies if it was taken as such. Is one of my favourite City managers and players.
The chances of Plymouth appointing a manager who has been sacked in the Championship and sacked in League One are somewhere between nought and absolute zero

denzel

Besides, he's from Lancashire, but he's not a Scouser, so no chance

I was out in London after work last night with a mate who is a Rovers fan and he (and apparently many others) are unimpressed with Taylor. He seems to have turned an average team into a poor team. I think the general feeling there is to give him pre season and the first ten games to bring in his own players and get them settled in to his way of playing and if they start poorly Rovers should get rid. Apparently there's going to be a big turnover of players there.

Spoonz Red E

I was out in London after work last night with a mate who is a Rovers fan and he (and apparently many others) are unimpressed with Taylor. He seems to have turned an average team into a poor team. I think the general feeling there is to give him pre season and the first ten games to bring in his own players and get them settled in to his way of playing and if they start poorly Rovers should get rid. Apparently there's going to be a big turnover of players there.
12 players will be out of contract.
Matt's first action as ECFC manager was, as I recall, to unload all the uncontracted players we had then.

denzel

Makes no sense to keep him over the Summer, let him sign a new team then get rid. Either they decide when the season is over or wait until January