• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Bridgy 81

Why can’t we just say Matt did well for us and GC’s doing well for us?
In my opinion that’s good enough so far, although hopefully things can always get better.

Bat Fastard

Nobody relished going 100 days without a win.

Life's not as polarised as you make it out to be, old chum.
i'm reckon squirtz did

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
In my opinion that’s good enough so far, although hopefully things can always get better.
You definitely can say this as it's true but some people want to mix it up to attempt to win exeweb

Give them their medals I say

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT left us for a chance to manage in the championship, I don't particularly understand why people are bitter about that.

STURTZ

i'm reckon squirtz did
'Kin loved it!😁

tonykellowfan

Barton was sacked because he fell out with the new owner.

arthur

MT left us for a chance to manage in the championship, I don't particularly understand why people are bitter about that.
I'm not bitter about it, I just thought at the time it was unwise and now feel I'm being proved right. And no-one likes a smartarse :)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not bitter about it, I just thought at the time it was unwise and now feel I'm being proved right. And no-one likes a smartarse :)
Im not sure you are though :) I still believe MT made the right decision for himself at the time. He used the leverage of his L2 promotion to get himself an opportunity to manage at a level and at a club that was a realistic match for him. I suspect he more than doubled his wages and would have backed himself. To not take that opportunity would have been a massive lost opportunity notably as he knew his successful L2 team would have to be rebuilt with potentially his stock vanishing

Grecian Max

I thought he wouldn't quite do it at Championship due to his slightly limited range of tactics that work brilliantly in League 2 (we really needed that after Tisdale) and likely fairly well in L1 - 2nd tier felt a step too far

However, he was totally right to test himself there at his age and with 4 years behind him at City

He made the right choice, it just didn't quite come off which is fair

He's made the wrong choice jumping into Rovers probably. Weird old club, very similar to Swindon - numbers through the gate but a crumbling ground with poor infrastructure, odd ownership and expectations above their stations...

roger wellman

MT will always be one of my favourite City managers. However I hate Bristol Rovers Probably stemming from the fact I don't like batteries and coins being thrown at me. So I don't want Rovers to do well under any manager. It's a bit like if KMT took over at muff. I don't think many would want muff to do well even if KMT was manager. Someone said that it would of been better for MT if Rotherham had been relegated in that first season and I tend to agree with this allowing him to rebuild and gain experience in League One. I was stiil surprised that he was sacked as they went down with Warne and kept him on. Can perfectly understand why he went to Rotherham. Bonner I believe was 1st choice and he stiill ended up being sacked by Cambridge though I don't think MT would of ever been sacked by City. Agree with Grecian Max he needs to find the right fit Club wise and Rovers IMO are not it. I think Bradford would be ideal for KMT. Could really go up the Leagues with them.