• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

ExmouthMart

The scenario with Scott Brown (if that’s what it is!) shows what we might come up against if we appoint an outside Manager or someone not known to us. Do we have money to pay compensation to pay up another Managers contract?! It’s all very well saying so and so is a good fit but can we afford it.

Squeezebox

It also shows that if Matt wants to take staff with him, there's no gaurantee that a new manager from outside the club would want to keep them and would rather bring in his own, so they also have decisions to make.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loads of speculation.
That’s about the long and short of it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whos taking training today? It's the worst prep possible for a big game away to Barnsley at the weekend.

With the odds stacked against us we'll probably go there and win comfortably!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s about the long and short of it.
All getting a bit boring now.

Brinty IFA

Whos taking training today? It's the worst prep possible for a big game away to Barnsley at the weekend.

Just because we don't know what's going on, it doesn't mean that the people at teh Club don't. They probably already have the new/temp manager taking sessions.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I've just driven past the Cat & Fiddle and I'm sure I saw Thomas Tuchel getting out a car.

Boyo

Jonathan Hill? Kevin Nicholson? Jonathan Grounds?

I'd also like to know who's making decisions our side about Scott Brown. Potentially losing our back-up GK and leaving us exposed with youngsters as back-up is a big risk. Presumably if he has a playing contract we could play hardball, but who's making those calls?

Shouldn't you be keeping your eyes on the road?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All getting a bit boring now.
I think I'm more fascinated than bored. In particular nothing is being said officially by the club other than the statement on Saturday. The SM guys have been totally quiet which given there is a match today is a little surprising.