• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Average Joe

Rotheram have a game Wednesday and the fans are not happy about it. There forum is a funny read right now.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Rotherham fan web MT taking training in Rotherham as I text.

C j phill

This has been a car crash since Matt Taylor's post match interview with BBC.

Whatever he has learnt over the past seasons, and many respect his honesty in interviews, the one thing it appears that he hasn't cottoned on to is when to provide a "political" answer when dealing with confidential issues.

It would have been much better for both City and Rotherham if he had given a neutral response last Saturday, to let the Clubs sort out their negotiations and tie issues down, before both made an announcement.

As an aside, it would appear that one thing Julian Tagg (I assume), in leading City's negotiations, has learnt, is to hard ball the other side, in order to gain maximum outcome for City. I hope that we get some information on the compensation paid by Rotherham on whoever of management/ coaching set up join them from us.

logman

According to Rotherham fan web MT taking training in Rotherham as I text.
No surprise there. The legals will be being sorted by club officials and Matt's agent so he and Wayne will be getting on with the job that they will be signed up to once the legals are sorted.
This has been a car crash since Matt Taylor's post match interview with BBC.

Whatever he has learnt over the past seasons, and many respect his honesty in interviews, the one thing it appears that he hasn't cottoned on to is when to provide a "political" answer when dealing with confidential issues.

It would have been much better for both City and Rotherham if he had given a neutral response last Saturday, to let the Clubs sort out their negotiations and tie issues down, before both made an announcement.

As an aside, it would appear that one thing Julian Tagg (I assume), in leading City's negotiations, has learnt, is to hard ball the other side, in order to gain maximum outcome for City. I hope that we get some information on the compensation paid by Rotherham on whoever of management/ coaching set up join them from us.
I said at the time. He saw his loyalty first and foremost to the players so told them first. From then on the cat was out of the bag and the rumours were rife around the park for the rest of the afternoon. Players aren't too discreet and would have messaged friends and family with the information straight away. I was told before we kicked off.

Matt has been naive and will have learnt from this.

cambmike

Martin Weiler

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to have an update.

Significant that Wayne Carlisle is not involved in the interim.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster

JW57++

Jonathan Hill? Kevin Nicholson? Jonathan Grounds?

I'd also like to know who's making decisions our side about Scott Brown. Potentially losing our back-up GK and leaving us exposed with youngsters as back-up is a big risk. Presumably if he has a playing contract we could play hardball, but who's making those calls?
Reports from Dorchester suggest Harry Lee might be ready; certainly as a back-up.

Reactions: Ash

Trapdoor

I remain available. Just need the call
You forgot to switch to your multi account.