• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

tonykellowfan

The daft part is we never in our history been an established League 1 side with a shot at the Championship.

Why stop there, why not say your p1ssed off because we aren't a top 6 PL side with a run at the Champions league?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The daft part is we never in our history been an established League 1 side with a shot at the Championship.

Why stop there, why not say your p1ssed off because we aren't a top 6 PL side with a run at the Champions league?
Just because we haven't been an established L1 side, I truly believe off the field we are ready to give it a good go. Can't agree with your second paragraph.

tonykellowfan

Indeed DB we can have a go at it fair enough I agree with that.

But to frame it as though we should all top ourselves if we dont somehow achieve something we never have in the past is absurd IMHO.

DB9

Indeed DB we can have a go at it fair enough I agree with that.

But to frame it as though we should all top ourselves if we dont somehow achieve something we never have in the past is absurd IMHO.
You're right, Over the top reaction like that is silly, I think off field we're the strongest we've been, Stadium/Training facilities wise and now as I've said we've done our penance in L2, Lets give L1 a go and try to establish ourselves there.

Grecian Max

We may yet make the play offs, which is an underwhelming achievement in my view. But after today, with no animosity at all - he needs to be moved on. We aren’t progressing at all and I have no faith we’d be going anywhere next season either.

We are a stable club, decent support for the league with one of the bes academies in the country - someone else needs the chance now. Anyone who is risk adverse (and affliction prevalent in many at SJP) - I’d reassure them and say as long as the process is done in a sensible way like we have always done under trust ownership- changing the manager immediately after the season as ended (assuming no promotion) would be fairly low risk. We are a good prospect to manage and would attract decent people.

Legohead

Banned
Just resign Matty. Thanks for the service but you aren't good enough to manage this football club. Money is scarce for a lot of people thanks to the pandemic and it's not right that fans are asked to keep shelling out to support the club and support a manager who is effectively getting paid for not producing the goods.

There is a debate about how many fans will stay away if fans are allowed next season due to Covid fears but with MT still in charge (if we don't get promoted) then i can see some fans just staying away simply because they don't want to watch any more of this jekyll and hyde nonsense. One week like Barca and the next 3 weeks turgid rubbish.

Grecian Max

Just because we haven't been an established L1 side, I truly believe off the field we are ready to give it a good go. Can't agree with your second paragraph.
Professional sport doesn’t exist within fixed terms - there is always a route to progression and improvement at all levels.

10 years ago I went to Augusburgs first ever Bundesliga match. They had a new ground and was packed, the locals were excited at the prospect of their unfashionable team being in the top flight for the first time.10 years gone they are totally established in that league - if the past defined what clubs are then everyone may as well give up being competitive.

The City or Exeter could more than handle a league 1 team.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's become very stale and once the again the person/s who manage the manager are silent.

Reduced wage budget, lots of youngsters, no money through the turnstiles and yet we are still pushing for the playoffs. I don’t consider that a poor season for KMT. Fan expectations are very high, although I do appreciate that we have had some pretty ugly matches this season, but I for one think Matt deserves one more season.

Grecian Max

It's become very stale and once the again the person/s who manage the manager are silent.
I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt and let the season pan out now. But once that final whistle goes in May there needs to be a proper decision on whether MT is the right man to recruit in the summer or whether we give someone else ago. It needn’t be an aggy thing - no split fans base or silly Brexit-lite infighting. Just an acknowledgment that after 3 years we are no further forward despite being backed with good players.