• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

Legohead

Banned
Yep deffo Scunny away. I also thought we played well at Colchester too and were enjoyable to watch.

milts

You really do talk a complete load of b@ll@cks starting with this very first line of your post. You seem somewhat mathemically challenged, our form maybe erratic, even poor maybe but in the last eight games we have ground out an ugly 1-0 win over Salford, and thrashed the league leaders Cambridge 4-1 away. Which result are you choosing to ignore to support your pathetic arguments ? Back to school matey ! 😎
Sorry, 5 defeats, 2 wins and 1 draw.

Scintillating promotion form.

No wonder this club lacks ambition with a fan base happy to accept the drudge that has been served up over the last few months.

Bittners a Legend

No wonder this club lacks ambition with a fan base happy to accept the drudge that has been served up over the last few months.
What a load of nonsense. Aiming baseless, factually inaccurate criticisms does not make you more ambitious than other fans.

We have been inconsistent and Tuesday was a particularly bad performance on a dreadful pitch.

Despite what you say we clearly do have an identity but we aren't Pep Guardiola's Barcelona and things aren't always going to go smoothly with a relatively young L2 squad. Taylor has shown a real willingness to blood lots of academy players and at times we have played some really nice football (look how many goals we have scored this season). At other times it has been rubbish. Losing both Randall and Williams to injury for significant periods of time hampers us because we don't have much quality to replace them. What this season has shown us is that with his strongest 11 Taylor can make us a very good outfit and without it we have struggled a bit due to lack of depth. You want to make light of bringing through young players but Andresson, Key, Hartridge, Randall, Jay have all played a lot more football this year than ever before and to have brought them in and remained competitive is a good achievement. Young players do burn out and are inconsistent. We have been a frustrating team to watch this season as a result of that and our lack of depth.

Why can't we just call a bad performance a bad performance and skip all the amateur dramatics about lack of ambition, lack of identity and all the rest of it?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
About 100 people use exeweb. Hardly think it's the be all and end all of all views on ECFC.
Perhaps not, but 100 is a good sample portion to assume that it's representative of the rest of our fan base.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry, 5 defeats, 2 wins and 1 draw.

Scintillating promotion form.

The club doesnt lack ambition. There arent any fans I'm aware of who are "happy" when we lose but most of them dont act like a drama queen or get squawkingly angry and begin insulting the fans. I'll assume you are just a temporary fan and you'll be off elsewhere if you dont get what you crave??

geoffwp

Perhaps not, but 100 is a good sample portion to assume that it's representative of the rest of our fan base.
Nowhere near enough.

malcolms

I fully realise that he won't be everyone's preference, but Harry Redknapp wouldn't be the worst choice to help MT...He has a ton of contacts and is generally well liked. (Give up with the brown envelopes and the bank account with the dogs name) He lives (relatively) locally and knows the club well enough..I also believe that he might do it.

Last edited:

JCWhoosh

I fully realise that he won't be everyone's preference, but Harry Redknapp wouldn't be the worst choice to help MT...He has a ton of contacts and is generally well liked. (Give up with the brown envelopes and the bank account with the dogs name) He lives (relatively) locally and knows the club well enough..I also believe that he might do it.
Funnily enough, there was a Peter Crouch Podcast with Harry as a guest. He said that he was interested in buying a lower league club. Didn't mention Exeter but would definitely welcome him advising / helping MT.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
No thank you.

malcolms

No thank you.
Marmite choice, as I said...