• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

Red Bill

I don't watch anymore. Just like some didn't like previous managers I don't like this one.
Is that too hard for you to believe?
What is it you don't like about him?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You're right we've screwed up three L2 play off finals, although never conceded 4 before last year.
Doesn't matter how many the other team scores, If they score more, We lose, That's how football works. No one says MT is the "Messiah" but we're pretty happy with the job he's doing so far.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dommers back in the day:

Ryan Harley | Page 5 | Exeweb

dommers

What is it you don't like about him?
How about his public treatment of Sweeney, Tillson, Ajose and Martin. Basically saying you're not good enough and I don't want to play you. Hardly conducive to a good atmosphere within the team when either you then have to back down and play them or they fit around doing nothing. Surely doing it in private and/or trying to get something out of them on the field is better, unless you have millions you can waste on wages.

For a club so keen on a youth setup I think the reliance on 30+ player like Attagana, Martin L, Law, Warren, McArdle is wrong. I have no doubt that had we not been in a COVID environment then he'd have replaced Moxey, Martin x2, Woodman, Warren etc... with other senior pros and not play the youngsters like Hartridge, Kite, Randall etc..

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about his public treatment of Sweeney, Tillson, Ajose and Martin. Basically saying you're not good enough and I don't want to play you. Hardly conducive to a good atmosphere within the team when either you then have to back down and play them or they fit around doing nothing. Surely doing it in private and/or trying to get something out of them on the field is better, unless you have millions you can waste on wages.
What did he publicly say about these players ??

Last edited:

DB9

For a club so keen on a youth setup I think the reliance on 30+ player like Attagana, Martin L, Law, Warren, McArdle is wrong. I have no doubt that had we not been in a COVID environment then he'd have replaced Moxey, Martin x2, Woodman, Warren etc... with other senior pros and not play the youngsters like Hartridge, Kite, Randall etc..
Think the atmosphere within the team is pretty good, Results would tell you that. Your second part, You have no idea what he would have done, Even before Covid hit this was always going to be a season of "Transition" MT explained that.

Grecian Max

I don't watch anymore. Just like some didn't like previous managers I don't like this one.
Is that too hard for you to believe?
That's hilarious. You don't like MT so you don't watch City?!

We are destroying teams with a high press, ridiculously attacking football.... I meant WTF. You love Tisdale but he delivered year after year of turgid rubbish? Some right weirdos up City sometimes hahaha

Grecian Max

Think the atmosphere within the team is pretty good, Results would tell you that. Your second part, You have no idea what he would have done, Even before Covid hit this was always going to be a season of "Transition" MT explained that.
See Sweeney and Ajose's performances when called upon as proof of this. Of course you'd have to watch City not Rovers to know that

malcolms

You're not supporting the club, you're supporting the man that used to do the job and that being the case I'll happily provide you with the link you need...

dommers

Even before Covid hit this was always going to be a season of "Transition" MT explained that.
Did Taylor really explain that the 20-21 season was going to be a season of transition back in Feb when COVID hit, when we were still in the 19/20 one.