• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

dommers

Would be a loss if he left although probably wouldn't fit in the simple 4-4-2 style with big blokes up front which is where we seem to be going. I just hope we don't see the Inglethorpe long ball style back.

The deluder

As opposed to the Tisdale style of lumping I'd long to Stoclkley?

dommers

This season I'd agree but certainly not in previous years with Watkins, Stansfield, Mackie, Nardiello and similar

milts

Would be a loss if he left although probably wouldn't fit in the simple 4-4-2 style with big blokes up front which is where we seem to be going. I just hope we don't see the Inglethorpe long ball style back.
Not sure the signings suggest that at all.

Ball playing center back
Ball playing midfielder

Quick pacey striker.

I for one think the football will be much better under Taylor

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are they? No mention on Twitter
There is. They have a person who they trust as being ITK and he’s tweeted saying a signing is imminent and Harley’s name keeps coming up. Could be wrong, but expect it will be confirmed tomorrow.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haha Dom, you crack me up !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This season I'd agree but certainly not in previous years with Watkins, Stansfield, Mackie, Nardiello and similar
We played direct last season, the fact of the matter was Watkins was a cut above and played his own game, a game which had very little to do with tactics, Wheeler also benefited from us going direct.

Regarding the other names you have mentioned, how many years ago do you want to go back ?

The football we often played under Tisdale was dire for the last 4 - 6 years.

You seem very bitter Dom, I find it very amusing.

Last edited:

dommers

We played direct last season, the fact of the matter was Watkins was a cut above and played his own game, a game which had very little to do with tactics, Wheeler also benefited from us going direct.

Regarding the other names you have mentioned, how many years ago do you want to go back ?

The football we often played under Tisdale was dire for the last 4 - 6 years.

You seem very bitter Dom, I find it very amusing.
Not bitter at all. Just think that the whole club manager, trust, supporters etc. have gone backwards over the past 2-3 years and it's done the club no good at all.
I thought you'd had it with me anyway!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not bitter at all. Just think that the whole club manager, trust, supporters etc. have gone backwards over the past 2-3 years and it's done the club no good at all.
I thought you'd had it with me anyway!
So you think everything has gone backwards over the last 2 - 3 years ? If that is the case why not give the new man a chance ?

Regarding the supporters and trust going backwards (according to you), do you want to put any meat on the bone with regards to this comment ?

Last edited:

The Doctor

Stockley is a fabulous player that I feel we're lucky to have. We need to build s team around him and Matt seems to be doing that very sensibly. The play-off final had me cringing at the lack of support he received. He was battling to win headers, then having to chase them himself.
When Harley was in his pomp we built the side around him, allowing him freedom to dictate the play and get forward.
I don't think you can build a side around two players and, much as I've loved having him in the side, I don't think ryan can influence the game to the extent that jayden can.
I haven't enjoyed tisdale's style of play for many years now and hope we can play a more aggressive style (not long ball), providing support for our front men. Only time will tell if Matt feels the same but his recruiting suggests he does.