• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - 2 Years As ECFC Manager...

dontpassback

After the play off loss to Northampton,I seem to recall that the wonderful pundit known as Ryan Lowe was asked where he thought city would finish this season,I seem to recall that he said we would struggle by playing too many youngsters and he couldn’t see us finishing above mid table,so all things considered as posted by Jamie ECFC,I don’t think we have done to badly

Langer

Matt will be better next season and even better the one after if you keep pulling the triggers on mangers eventually your luck runs out.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt will be better next season and even better the one after if you keep pulling the triggers on mangers eventually your luck runs out.
Don't think that relates at all to us, I'm struggling to name a previous manager of ours over the last near two decades we've given the bullet! 🤔🤔🤔

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think that relates at all to us, I'm struggling to name a previous manager of ours over the last near two decades we've given the bullet! 🤔🤔🤔
Neil McNab.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
John Cornforth

When have we ever had any luck doing that?

haka

DB9 did say "near two decades", and McNab and Cornforth were back in the dark ages. The current era of the club began in 2003.

People will argue for and against keeping Matt Taylor on, but whatever view they have now should really be the same after 46 games as after 45. It makes no sense to say MT must go, but then stay if City grab a late winner, then go when Oldham concede after 97 mins.

(My vote is "stay", but as I won't be at SJP watching next season, I'll abstain).

DB9

Answer to Ronnie and Snoop, I did say NEAR two decades, Basically since the Trust has run the club, So it is an irellivence to us.

tonykellowfan

The bonkers part of the Matt Taylor debate is that in terms of results, he is one of the best managers we have ever had. He is second overall in the win% of all Exeter managers.

I do however agree with those who say he has to deliver a blockbuster season next year.

DB9

I do however agree with those who say he has to deliver a blockbuster season next year.
Yep, If he's given the budget he said he was going to get there has to be a talk that he needs to deliver otherwise it could be a decade before we have the funds available to mount a promotion push again. If MT is the manager he says he is he should thrive on a bit of pressure to deliver, That was what the problem was with our previous one, No pressure to deliver and living off past glories.