• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matchday Superstitions

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Everybody needs to have a good think about what they did wrong on Tuesday and what they did right today. Only 9 more matches to go, and we shouldn't mess it up just because someone puts on the wrong pair of underwear.

:)
[ecfc]

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
That was me i think, underwear was in the wash so was wearing primark ones;)

Tada

Last edited:

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
For the past 3 home games (all on a saturday) we go to The Raj Indian and have chips & kebab meet with a nice garlic sauce; haven't seen City lose since we started that one; so we'll keep it up. Can't do it this Tuesday though; so hope it's not going to put the kybosh on us ;)
Got back to the Raj Indian today; got 3 points again today; my case is rested m'lud ;)

Swanaldo

On a somewhat unrelated note, can I ask Grecian-In-Exile if that was your good self on the pitch before the game on Tuesday?

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
On a somewhat unrelated note, can I ask Grecian-In-Exile if that was your good self on the pitch before the game on Tuesday?
That was indeed my Goddess; and my good self on the pitch on Tuesday; I won the Kellowsbootlaces competition; hence we didn't partake at the Raj Indian on Tuesday; is it just coincidence we lost on Tuesday; and now won 4 on the bounce since we started partaking at the Raj Indian? (subtely gets thread back on line :) )

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

I've never been superstitious.

It's got thirteen letters.

Unlucky.

Yorkie

I ALWAYS ALWAYS......bring my season ticket;)[y]

Tim Long

I've never been superstitious.

It's got thirteen letters.

Unlucky.
I've never been superstitious. And never will be, touch wood.

LOG

Not a superstition, but on a trying to influence the game when really it makes no difference theme...

When i lived in jolly old Nottingham, i went to some function or other at a hotel the night before Forest played Bayern Munich in the quarter final of the UEFA Cup in 95/96 season and it turned out that the Bayern players and staff were staying there.

Several hours and shandies later, a few of us decided to help out the Forest boys by disrupting the Bayern players' sleep. We knew which floor they were on (the hotel helpfully put this info on a board in the lobby) so we went down the corridor banging on all of the doors and generally making as much noise as we could. Job done. We'd be the toast of the city.

The following night, Bayern beat Forest 5-1.

Antony Moxey

Harry always has to wear his lucky pants when he plays footy.

It works though!