• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matchday Superstitions

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Footballers tend to have matchday superstitions, just wonder if any of you Exewebbers have any matchday superstitions?

For a while mine has been if Take That's Greatest Day was played on the radio on my way to a match, we haven't lost. The times it's not been played we've lost. Finally got my CD player in the car, so am making sure I play it at some point before a match. Will keep doing so, until/if the results tell me differently, and then will probably put it down to another reason when we win.

Have always had a superstition for winning/drawing games even when I was a regular at Rugby League matches.

Would be interested to hear others

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm waiting for someone to say 'I've worn the same underwear to [?] games this season and City has won every time.'

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

I've not got one for watching City but when I used to play I went through a spell where Mum always had to cook me an cheese omlete for lunch before a game

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Every time I wear my Black Calvin Kleins we win, if I wear grey we draw and if I wear white we lose, good job i only have one pair of white ones :)

Tada

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Every time I wear my Black Calvin Kleins we win, if I wear grey we draw and if I wear white we lose, good job i only have one pair of white ones :)

Tada
Well, I hope you DO wash the black and grey ones, inbetween matches :D

Grecian2K

Drink LOTS of lager...
....never fails! :D ;)

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten

Tada
Don't ever wash the white ones and they'll soon become grey/black. ;)

city_is_my_life

I never shave the day of a match
I never predict scores of City games

CIML

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
For the past 3 home games (all on a saturday) we go to The Raj Indian and have chips & kebab meet with a nice garlic sauce; haven't seen City lose since we started that one; so we'll keep it up. Can't do it this Tuesday though; so hope it's not going to put the kybosh on us ;)

Ashecfc

I try not to post on the match day thread as when I do (either before or During) we lose

Last edited: