• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Massive Week

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be too confident with Croll at the back against Lincoln with the likes of Akinde.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think we need L Martin, Boateng and Law to step up their performances.

Grecian Max

I wouldn't be too confident with Croll at the back against Lincoln with the likes of Akinde.
Rather him than Moxey at CB!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't at the game today however I think Moxey has generally done well at centre back, I've been far more disappointed with him at left back, he's a different player to the one I remember, he used to have more of an edge to his game, he seems to play within his comfort zone at full back.

Last edited:

scottus86

I probably wouldn't put Moxey back in to the starting 11 until he has earnt his place. Disappointing against Newport when he could have cleared it and today with the stupid hand ball and sending off.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I probably wouldn't put Moxey back in to the starting 11 until he has earnt his place. Disappointing against Newport when he could have cleared it and today with the stupid hand ball and sending off.
Possibly harsh however he has played a massive part in us dropping three points over the last three games, I still look at Moxey and think there is a lot of quality there, sadly since he returned last season he has been nothing more than steady, I expected a lot more.

Last edited:

LeedsGrecian

Moxey was a solid replacement for Troy Brown at Cambridge. Yes, his mistakes cost us against Newport and today, however, he should be back in the starting XI as soon as he is available again.

scottus86

Think we need L Martin, Boateng and Law to step up their performances.
Yep, we need to get more out of this midfield. It has a lot of quality in it and we seem to be bypassing it and losing the ball a lot.

The long ball works with our strike partnership but we need Forte on the pitch for it to be our main route, if he isn't on the pitch we need to mix up our play a little more. Our goals this season have mostly come from when we have had the ball on the ground and moved it up the field quickly or when Forte or Abrahams have ran on to a loose ball over the top.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lincoln will prove to be a better side than MK Dons, with plenty of fire power. We need our midfield to be on top form, and I think Tillson would be a great addition to helping us keep solid in defence.

geoffwp

Moxey was a solid replacement for Troy Brown at Cambridge. Yes, his mistakes cost us against Newport and today, however, he should be back in the starting XI as soon as he is available again.
Is absolutely the correct answer. Moxey's pluses far outweigh any negatives he has to his name..