• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Martin Ling

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Bwaaaaark, buck, buck.
:D loving it

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think he's loving your work Fred! :D

fred binneys head

Thanks Pate, big help.

PeteUSA

I never dreamed that today I would come on here and learn how to spell the sound of a chicken clucking!

angelic upstart

I never dreamed that today I would come on here and learn how to spell the sound of a chicken clucking!
What he said. It will probably be the highlight of my day knowing what I know now.

FAN-TATIC

B*llocks! I couldnt give a sh*t what his problem is! People like you started the crap alluding to mental illness and him "topping himself" without it appears having any evidence to support that. Given that, all I asked was 'was it remiss of me to inquire the nature of his illness', I do now wish him a speedy recovery, as I did when his illness was originally announced, whether it be of a physical or mental nature.

"People like me alluding to mental illness." What the f@ck are you talking about? Nowhere in this thread I have I done any such thing. I have not indicated any specific illness whatsoever. I have asked anyone to confirm or not whether his illness was originally described as of a debilitating nature.

My original post on this thread was to suggest caution in rushing to judge anyone on his dismissal. I did this because IF what I had been told was accurate then the Torquay Board may have had reasonable grounds to take the decision to terminate his contract.

You, like the Old Coger and indeed anyone else had the option not to engage in the debate if you felt it was improper to do so.

I applaud the Old Coger, he raised his objections on the grounds that he felt it was nobody else's business what the nature of the illness was and he gracefully declined to comment further. Whereas you were asking "So I take it was a nervous breakdown then?" or " It was alcoholism then?" and then have the temerity to slate others for doing likewise. You named two different illnesses, I named none, because I did not know for certian what Martin's illness is and I still don't.

Ian Sideman

From the outside looking in it appears he was promised he could return to his job when he recovered and now Torquay have gone against their word.

Imho this appears to be disgraceful and cannot have won them many fans from their own club or the wider footballing community. I expect the players are not to happy either.
Isn't it incredible how many dimwits claim things to be disgraceful when they have absolutely zero knowledge of the facts?

That's football forums I guess.