• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bowyer in at Birmingham.

sign of the chimes

Bowyer in at Birmingham.
It will be interesting to see how that pans out. He's been firefighting for three years at Charlton, and now going to a club where things don't seem to be all that great. A few months ago there were plenty at our club championing him to succeed Jackett - but that went quiet a few months ago. A bit like Powell leaving Doncaster for Sheffield Wednesday, I'm not sure how this possibly works out well for the manager. Best case scenario is that they stay up - then what? Nothing to suggest investment or an opportunity to really kick on?

Red Devon

It will be interesting to see how that pans out. He's been firefighting for three years at Charlton, and now going to a club where things don't seem to be all that great. A few months ago there were plenty at our club championing him to succeed Jackett - but that went quiet a few months ago. A bit like Powell leaving Doncaster for Sheffield Wednesday, I'm not sure how this possibly works out well for the manager. Best case scenario is that they stay up - then what? Nothing to suggest investment or an opportunity to really kick on?
Was thinking the same myself scraping over the safety line probably won’t be seen as good enough, something similar to the JFH recovery at Burton will probably be needed for Bowyer to have an extended stay at St Andrews.

sign of the chimes

Charlton being heavily linked with Nigel Adkins - which seems a bit strange. They've been suffering for years since they first adopted the zero-Curbs diet.

iscalad

Cowley's in at Portsmouth according to Quest.

sign of the chimes

Expecting an announcement in the morning. Intrigued as reportedly it's only until the end of the season; and not sure that's the message we need at the moment (can only imagine there are some weird caveats on one side or other).

However not sure how much that matters as I think the promotion horse bolted for us either about six weeks ago, or last summer when we didn't replace Jackett. I'll give those in charge a CovID pass in relation to the latter. Still a fair chance I'll get a trip down your way next season as things stand.

iscalad

Expecting an announcement in the morning. Intrigued as reportedly it's only until the end of the season; and not sure that's the message we need at the moment (can only imagine there are some weird caveats on one side or other).

However not sure how much that matters as I think the promotion horse bolted for us either about six weeks ago, or last summer when we didn't replace Jackett. I'll give those in charge a CovID pass in relation to the latter. Still a fair chance I'll get a trip down your way next season as things stand.
Expect us to get elected, do you?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmed.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good appointment.

Alistair20000

Good appointment.
Yep cannot stand the feckers but they are effective