• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 22-23

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
"King, who was making a quietly impressive debut, forced a corner and Lane’s inswinging delivery from the right found Williams at the far post, whose downward close range header from a narrow angle beat the diving Benfield. "

Well done Harrison - another Grecian for the first team in the very near future ?
Steady on GiG it's one game at Plymouth Parkway! A tad early to be getting carried away methinks :)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
"King, who was making a quietly impressive debut, forced a corner and Lane’s inswinging delivery from the right found Williams at the far post, whose downward close range header from a narrow angle beat the diving Benfield. "

Well done Harrison - another Grecian for the first team in the very near future ?
Well that snookers my thoughts for next week's Papa Johns' line up. I had Harrison King and Ed James in central defence with Aamir Daniels at wing back....

Colesman Ballz

Well that snookers my thoughts for next week's Papa Johns' line up. I had Harrison King and Ed James in central defence with Aamir Daniels at wing back....
Doesn't dual registration still apply ? :unsure:

dontpassback

Fwiw I think Seymour has a future in National league at least,I hope he uses the parkway as a platform for higher things

andrew p long

Doesn't dual registration still apply ? :unsure:
Would be good if it does! Do you know how far down the leagues this goes and/or whether these are 'development loans' (as Harry Lee's was described, enabling him to be recalled at any time)?

I seem to recall that we could get players back from the likes of Bath in National League South last season (Dyer,Rowe) at the drop of a hat.

I genuinely struggle to understand the rules here (including whether the same rules extend to loans to National League itself, and therefore whether we can get Nelson Iseguan back from Torquay before January.

Colesman Ballz

Would be good if it does! Do you know how far down the leagues this goes and/or whether these are 'development loans' (as Harry Lee's was described, enabling him to be recalled at any time)?

I seem to recall that we could get players back from the likes of Bath in National League South last season (Dyer,Rowe) at the drop of a hat.

I genuinely struggle to understand the rules here (including whether the same rules extend to loans to National League itself, and therefore whether we can get Nelson Iseguan back from Torquay before January.
I am not sure of "chapter and verse" either, but my understanding is that it cannot happen at National League level, ie the likes of Yeovil or the the Chipnickers. Conference North/South and lower then it can be a possibility.

Bridgy 81

I am not sure of "chapter and verse" either, but my understanding is that it cannot happen at National League level, ie the likes of Yeovil or the the Chipnickers. Conference North/South and lower then it can be a possibility.
If dual registration extends to National League South I’d be tempted to consider a loan for Sonny to Taunton.
He needs game time and apart from cup matches I can’t see him getting much with us at present.
The rough and tumble of that league would be good for him I think.
So perhaps he could go to Taunton until January in the first instance.
They’re doing ok at this season’s higher level for them and although they aren’t letting many goals in they’re not scoring a lot either.
Could be a good move for all parties.

Last edited:

i8cornwall

From my understanding Duel Reg only refers to clubs in the western legaue or lower and can only be "duel reg" from clubs higher up.

Is a limit on how many loans a non league club can have from EFL clubs.

Aamir and Joe O'connor loan and imagine Harry Lee's is one where they can be recalled at any time (mainly for cup and acdamy games) I don't believe Duel Reg is allowed past step 3 and most certainly not for EFL Clubs.

The standard between Step 3 and the bottom of National legaue south isn't to different so us sending someone to Parkway or say Taunton wouldn't be much different in the football they would be expected to play.

DawlishBouy

I’ve done a little research. Only non contract players can be registered to play for more than 1 club at the same time (as long as those clubs are in different leagues).
Therefore dual registation rules don’t apply to any of our players.
It just comes down to which level of non-league football we can recall players from to play in the Trophy matches.
Like i8c I'm fairly sure we can recall all of our loan players apart from Coley and Iseguan.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve done a little research. Only non contract players can be registered to play for more than 1 club at the same time (as long as those clubs are in different leagues).
Therefore dual registation rules don’t apply to any of our players.
It just comes down to which level of non-league football we can recall players from to play in the Trophy matches.
Like i8c I'm fairly sure we can recall all of our loan players apart from Coley and Iseguan.
I wonder therefore if we recalled a player from say a step 5/6 level club can we not just restart a new loan the following day provided he goes back to the same club? Do the rules apply about not being able to play for so many clubs in a season at that level?