• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 22-23

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Youth loans are covered by different rules. Unless they have changed recently, my understanding is that young players on "Youth Loans" to clubs below the National League can by agreement train with their parent club and play for them at games below first team level including the Papa Johns trophy, though first team games of the receiving club take precedence. There are a number of complications, but I think that's the essence.

tom_ecfc

MT mentioned in his pre Rovers interview King and Borges will be able to play for Plymouth Parkway during the week games and sit on our bench for L1 games.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Youth loans are covered by different rules. Unless they have changed recently, my understanding is that young players on "Youth Loans" to clubs below the National League can by agreement train with their parent club and play for them at games below first team level including the Papa Johns trophy, though first team games of the receiving club take precedence. There are a number of complications, but I think that's the essence.
Yes, I seem to recall 'development loans' as the phrase used to mean the same thing. I think its just U18s, so it includes Harry Lee, which explains why MT said we could recall him whenever we wanted.

andrew p long

MT mentioned in his pre Rovers interview King and Borges will be able to play for Plymouth Parkway during the week games and sit on our bench for L1 games.
though MT also made it clear that this coming Tuesday with the Papa Johns game, the City side will be packed with U18s. I suspect that includes those two youngster with that game taking priority over any midweek game Parkway may have.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coley on bench till 57th min - can he score winner v Bradfurt ?

Christian

Where is Mr Iseguan? He wasn't in the the gulls squad again today is he injured?

DawlishBouy

Saturday 1st October 2022
Torquay United
1 Scunthorpe United 1
Nelson Iseguan not in squad.

Harrogate Town 1 Bradford City 2
Josh Coley on as a 57th minute sub.

Dorchester Town 3 Harrow Borough 2
Harry Lee starts.

Tavistock 4 Bishops Cleeve 1
Joe O’Connor starts

Street 1 Saltash United 2
Ed James starts

Wellington 1 Clevedon Town 2
Joe Wragg starts.

Rosencrantz

Saturday 1st October 2022
Torquay United
1 Scunthorpe United 1
Nelson Iseguan not in squad.

Harrogate Town 1 Bradford City 2
Josh Coley on as a 57th minute sub.

Dorchester Town 3 Harrow Borough 2
Harry Lee starts.

Tavistock 4 Bishops Cleeve 1
Joe O’Connor starts

Street 1 Saltash United 2
Ed James starts

Wellington 1 Clevedon Town 2
Joe Wragg starts.
We might need Ed James next week.

Where is Mr Iseguan? He wasn't in the the gulls squad again today is he injured?
He’s back at City

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We might need Ed James next week.
Definitely as Sweenze has 5 cards and sounds from Craig's interview with MT that Hartridge injured again !