• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan signings that made an immediate impact in league 2

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The lad from Swansea on Loan at Tranmere scored 2 as well

Tisdale and the loan system is about as good as Pete USA judgement of goalkeeping

wemissmoxey

Billy Kee also seemed like a handful yesterday.

A league 2 manager who cannot utilise the loan market well is missing a trick imho.

Last edited:

paperclip

I noticed on the FLS that there were also players on loan from Liverpool and Palace playing in L2 yesterday, which disproves the theory that Premier League teams don't loan out their fringe players to L2 teams.

wemissmoxey

I noticed on the FLS that there were also players on loan from Liverpool and Palace playing in L2 yesterday, which disproves the theory that Premier League teams don't loan out their fringe players to L2 teams.
I don't think that could ever be termed a theory, it was just another p1$$ poor excuse churned out by the likes of Rog H K.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It's just excuses

Players come to us anyway

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm slightly confused - if Cambridge are making such better signings than we are how come we are above them in the table??

wemissmoxey

I'm slightly confused - if Cambridge are making such better signings than we are how come we are above them in the table??
I'd say their loan signings have been far better than ours this season, wouldn't you ? I didn't mention anything other than a loan signing.

For the record they are 5 points behind us with 2 games in hand plus they are having a great cup run with Man Utd at home this Friday.

Last edited:

STURTZ

I think Plymouth's situation yesterday underlined the folly of loan signings, three recalled leaving them with just 3 outfield players on the bench. You may get short term success with loanees as we did with Craig Noone, but in the end they're going to go back to their parent clubs and you're going to be left with a gap in your squad and no money to fill it.

Yeovil have used the system for years at the expense of developing their own players, some might say successfully, but look at them now.

motorservices

I think Plymouth's situation yesterday underlined the folly of loan signings, three recalled leaving them with just 3 outfield players on the bench. You may get short term success with loanees as we did with Craig Noone, but in the end they're going to go back to their parent clubs and you're going to be left with a gap in your squad and no money to fill it.

Yeovil have used the system for years at the expense of developing their own players, some might say successfully, but look at them now.
I remember a time when you could only have 2 loan players,

Earlier today i was speaking to my mate about the loan market (laughing at argyle actually) and we both said Yeovil had always had lots of loan players, yet now they are rock bottom of lg1 and will more than likely be in Lg2 next season (ohh super gary johnson) we may not have set the world alight since we got out of non league but what we have managed to do we have done with players that have been ours (with the odd loan player)

wemissmoxey

STURTZ;1493792} Yeovil have used the system for years at the expense of developing their own players said:
I'd say they are still punching above their weight.

Why does it have to be all or nothing though ?? I'm not saying our team should be loaded up with loan signings am I, I just think we could utilise the market far better than we do, why is that a problem ?