• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lloyd James

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was chatting to some O's fans before the Orient match and they said that James had suffered a couple of nasty injuries (broken leg and ruptured Achilles) whilst with them and hadn't been the same since, perhaps he's now regaining a bit of confidence.

tonykellowfan

James has played 41 Championship games and over 150 times in League One,including 42 of the games that took Orient to a play off final.

I think this suggests he is a good player who has been out of form rather than a bad player, even if his performances to date for ECFC have been average and included too many wayward passes.
In the interests of balance though, he was presumably part of the Orient team that was relegated from L1?

andrew p long

In the interests of balance though, he was presumably part of the Orient team that was relegated from L1?
Not so! Whilst he played virtually every League One game when Orient reached the play offs, the following September he broke a leg and was out until the following March.

It was that season,largely without James, that Orient were relegated from League One.

Terryhall

Just to note that whilst I have only seen him on C5 and Youtube highlights, he was also getting a lot of criticism for poor set piece delivery early in the season, but that was a peach of a free kick to set up the pinball for the opener at the weekend.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Our set pieces in general have become a lot more threatening recently. We rarely used to trouble teams with corners but noticed in the last two home games much better delivery from several players.

LOG

The problem with James' set pieces earlier in the season were that they were rather powder puff and little more than catching practice for the glovesman. Now they seem to be delivered with a bit more pace and purpose and, unsurprisingly, are much more effective.

Exe on Valdez

he does an awful lot of the often unseen "donkey work" in front of the defence.
Really? I haven't seen it myself.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
He Finally seems to be making a contribution, he came with good credentials so hopefully confidence has returned. His form is more understandable as his mind must have been elsewhere at times but fair play to him for playing on through.
I hope Saturdays strike will encourage him to shoot more as he often finds himself in good positions just outside the box.
Could be a key player in the run in.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bad game today. Lost the ball more often than not.

Ashford Grecian

Bad game today. Lost the ball more often than not.
Sounds about par for the course, cannot pass accurately either...