• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Phone scammers...A elderly lady I run errands for is forever getting phone calls supposedly from banks,Amazon or Netflix despite not subscribing to the latter two.
She is told to ignore them but it always seems to put a seed of doubt into her head.
The usual nonsense about someone withdrawals happening.It makes her uneasy & want to visit the bank to check things which in the current climate is not easy.

Are the scumbags ever caught ?
Very rare because most are not UK based.

Oldsmobile-88

Very rare because most are not UK based.
Yep.

I remember about a decade ago there was a organised crime online scam on Russian banks,businesses & individuals from somewhere in South America...Russian special forces paid them a visit,shutting them down(killing everyone there)
Sorted the problem out for a while 😁

DB9

Yep.

I remember about a decade ago there was a organised crime online scam on Russian banks,businesses & individuals from somewhere in South America...Russian special forces paid them a visit,shutting them down(killing everyone there)
A lot of scams come from India and Africa nowadays, Saw a programme about it and it takes very little to set one up, You just need a bit of computer nouse.

Alistair20000

Yep.

An appropriate way of dealing with these assholes.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We disconnected the landline while we redecorated the house. Bliss! No phone calls.

Oldsmobile-88

We disconnected the landline while we redecorated the house. Bliss! No phone calls.
I have done the same.

DB9

I have done the same.
We rarely get scammers on the landline, Its either by email or the mobile.

Oldsmobile-88

We rarely get scammers on the landline, Its either by email or the mobile.
I get the occasional email...I had the Royal Mail one about 2 weeks ago & various Amazon ones.
I don’t answer my mobile if it’s a unrecognised number,I think if it’s important a message will be left.

DB9

I get the occasional email...I had the Royal Mail one about 2 weeks ago & various Amazon ones.
I don’t answer my mobile if it’s a unrecognised number,I think if it’s important a message will be left.
Had the Royal Mail one too, And the Amazon one, These are normally by txt, Lots of 0333 numbers too.

Oldsmobile-88

Had the Royal Mail one too, And the Amazon one, These are normally by txt, Lots of 0333 numbers too.
What can be bizarre are accounts following me on Twitter occasionally,
Some ‘babe’ in a low cut top usually saying ‘hi’😁😁 My Twitter handle gives my age away,no doubt targeting males of a certain age.
‘Sad Alice’was one who followed me,if she read my profile I doubt I would be of interest,though my Twitter photo is 35 years old 🤣.
No doubt hers is of similar vintage.👍