• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was talking to a guy earlier and he had really greasy spectacles.

DB9

Bus Replacement Services. Had to go from New Milton to Souhampton today and with engineering works buses were put on, For a grand total of about 16 miles it has taken 1 hr 42 mins to do this journey!

Grecian2K

For a grand total of about 16 miles it has taken 1 hr 42 mins to do this journey!
Quicker than the normal train usually is then! :p

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Grecian2K

Even MORE bleddy students down on the Quay this afternoon, congregating in large groups with their picnic boxes and carry-outs and blocking the way.

There was ONE hapless policeman talking to just ONE individual amongst the many throngs (I won't comment about his mate just idly lounging around by the car while some of the more crafty "Covid carrion" were just upping stick to go and sit on the other side of the river).

Many of us have been trying to follow the rules to get the numbers coming down. Why should these over-entitled "Tarquins and Cressidas" be exempt from the social norms? At very least the Uni authorities should be banging home hard the message to those in their care about responsibility toward others ?

Sorry. Lego-style rant now over (for today) :mad:

PS: Before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy here I was taking my once-a-day permitted exercise with the hounds and the only "picnic" was them being asked to briefly sit for the occasional snack treat.

LOG

Even MORE bleddy students down on the Quay this afternoon, congregating in large groups with their picnic boxes and carry-outs and blocking the way.

There was ONE hapless policeman talking to just ONE individual amongst the many throngs (I won't comment about his mate just idly lounging around by the car while some of the more crafty "Covid carrion" were just upping stick to go and sit on the other side of the river).

Many of us have been trying to follow the rules to get the numbers coming down. Why should these over-entitled "Tarquins and Cressidas" be exempt from the social norms? At very least the Uni authorities should be banging home hard the message to those in their care about responsibility toward others ?

Sorry. Lego-style rant now over (for today) :mad:

PS: Before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy here I was taking my once-a-day permitted exercise with the hounds and the only "picnic" was them being asked to briefly sit for the occasional snack treat.
It might have been the 1,400 temporarily homeless ones.

Seriously though, you should report it to the uni. I have a friend who works there and a little while ago i said to her about the students i live near who weren't exactly playing. She said that the uni would actually want know because of the reputational damage, if nothing else, rule flouting could do.

Perhaps don't use phrases like "over-entitled Tarquins and Cressidas" though :)

Grecian2K

Thanks for that. Although it generally goes against my grain to "snitch" I'll consider that. I suspect that a significant number of them were guests of the Uni by the branded gear they were wearing I did notice that "Devon Lies" also ran a small piece last week about the overcrowding on the Quay.

With regard terminology I take your point about referring to them as the "Ts & Cs"...would "bleeding pampered soap-dodgers" be a more acceptable phrase? :p

LOG

In the end i didn't report the ones around here for the same reason. Their behaviour seemed to improve though so i wouldn't be surprised if others had.

Oldsmobile-88

Bus Replacement Services. Had to go from New Milton to Souhampton today and with engineering works buses were put on,
A right pain...Not sure if my memory is playing tricks,but I can never remember using any sort of Rail/Bus replacement services in the 70s or 80s when I travelled by train a fair bit.

Best experience I had was coming back from Bristol Parkway to Exeter via a replacement coach service,because the line had been shut for weeks,not many had booked to travel.Just 2 of us on the coach back from Parkway,I persuaded the Coach driver to do a detour from the set route via Countess Wear & go via Heavitree instead,saving me having a 3 mile walk home from St David’s Station at 11pm.I had a 200 yard walk from Fore St,Heavitree 😁

Reactions: DB9

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Vaccine thread has been running since November and the speeling mistake is still in the title fgs.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
......aah that's better (y)(y)(y)