• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Leads

This is what the whole world is coming to tbh people finding things to be offended over and then wanting to be compensated for it !
I saw someone kicking off in Greggs in Sidwell St that their chicken and bacon wrap thing didn't have a lot of bacon in it and wanted a refund.
Weren't you mortally offended earlier in this thread because a Tommy Robinson fan wasn't allowed a pint in a pub?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bar staff who insist on taking the money BEFORE pouring out your drink.
(A very minor itch, I know, but one that for some reason I find very rude. It usually end up in a staring contest, which slows down service even more. Fortunately, even in a 'spoons, this practice seems to be the exception rather than the rule and is usually practiced by those snowflake "millennial" barstaff whose attention spans have been delimited by overuse of the likes of Faecesbook and Tw@tter)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Weren't you mortally offended earlier in this thread because a Tommy Robinson fan wasn't allowed a pint in a pub?
Was I meant to be ?

Alistair20000

Fat fecker
Guilty as charged m’lud. :)

Colesman Ballz

Bar staff who insist on taking the money BEFORE pouring out your drink.
(A very minor itch, I know, but one that for some reason I find very rude. It usually end up in a staring contest, which slows down service even more. Fortunately, even in a 'spoons, this practice seems to be the exception rather than the rule and is usually practiced by those snowflake "millennial" barstaff whose attention spans have been delimited by overuse of the likes of Faecesbook and Tw@tter)
Sadly I think that this insidious practice has even worked its way into the Spoons staff training manual. I've experienced this in their pubs in Brighton, London, Minehead and even Georges Meeting House. Albeit the experienced staff do seem to desist once when they get to recognise you.

IndoMike

In many countries in mainland Europe you pay at the very end. The payment system is based on trust. But that's Europe.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster

This is the same person who previously campaigned for a topless swimming gala where parents / guardians aren't permitted to attend but he was and also the same person who wanted to help girls in changing rooms to change tampons for them is now arguing that even if a woman doesn't want touch / wax "her" balls is discriminating against him even though they previously told him they don't wax guys bits.
If this person really wants his balls waxed go to a male body wax shop ... Or better still wax em yerself !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 2 w@nkers on pushbikes in Heavitree a few minutes ago first Darwin nominee wearing a red ECFC shirt came cycling through a 1 way road the wrong way dodging through oncoming traffic to then cut across in front of me ... when i pointed out did he know he just ridden through a road the wrong way he replied yes I know !
2nd Darwin nominee came hurtling through a red light as I was going through on a green light (ship and pelican lights) if I had gone a couple of seconds earlier he would have ploughed right in the side of my van

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 2 w@nkers on pushbikes in Heavitree a few minutes ago first Darwin nominee wearing a red ECFC shirt came cycling through a 1 way road the wrong way dodging through oncoming traffic to then cut across in front of me ... when i pointed out did he know he just ridden through a road the wrong way he replied yes I know !
2nd Darwin nominee came hurtling through a red light as I was going through on a green light (ship and pelican lights) if I had gone a couple of seconds earlier he would have ploughed right in the side of my van
I recall two idiots on bikes appearing from the direction of the church and pedalling straight across the main road. You need two pairs of eyes when negotiating those lights. Three would be better.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I recall two idiots on bikes appearing from the direction of the church and pedalling straight across the main road. You need two pairs of eyes when negotiating those lights. Three would be better.
As I came back from the Tesco up towards the lights some loser in a cabriolet saab turned right down that road as well even though there is a sign with a no right turn at the junction going outbound from town, Just wondering if there were CCTV signs put up it might deter a few of the numbskulls ? Its similar to the junction at the Gallows.