• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ling on his depression!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26647517

Ling discusses his depression.

Feel for the guy having been through depression and panic attacks myself. Hope a club takes him on in a job and gives him a chance to prove himself again. He did a good job at Torquay and did not deserve to be treated in the way he was.

Last edited:

motorservices

he can come here :p) and tisdale can fook off to man u

Grecian68

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26647517

Ling discusses his depression.

Feel for the guy having been through depression and panic attacks myself. Hope a club takes him on in a job and gives him a chance to prove himself again. He did a good job at Torquay and did not deserve to be treated in the way he was.
Know how you feel MJP, living with depression is hell, hope Lingy gets a chance somewhere.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
he can come here :p) and tisdale can fook off to man u
**** me Motor that would push him over the edge (rofl)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Know how you feel MJP, living with depression is hell, hope Lingy gets a chance somewhere.
I think the really sad thing is that he essentially lost his job over it. He was doing a cracking job at Torquay in very trying circumstances and if Tisdale left i would love to see him given the chance here at SJP.

I believe 1 in 3 people suffer anxiety or panic at some point. Its genuinely a scary experience and one which cannot be described. I broke down at my friends wedding and had a panic attack that lasted nearly 2 hours. I had 2 more that weekend. I lost nearly 6 months of my life to that weekend. Watching Exeter v Plymouth and Exeter v York at SJP earlier this season where 2 of the hardest things i have done(I mean to attend and be able to stand in the big bank without having a nervous breakdown and not because we are ****). I still suffer with bad anxiety but have managed(Hopefully) to control the panic attacks.

I have complete sympathy with Martin Ling and still believe the way he was treated was a disgrace.

Grecian_Jay

To he fair if he couldn't do the job properly then he needed to go.

StroudGrecian

To he fair if he couldn't do the job properly then he needed to go.
To be fair to whom?

Grecian_Jay

To be fair to whom?
Torquay United Football Club, their fans etc.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would like to see Lingy here when Tisdale goes. Got sacked for Torquay nearly getting relegated last season when it was in fact Knill who oversaw the slump.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Takes a real man to speak out about this sort of stuff.

Fair play(y)