• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday Thread - 1900

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tom Parkes was superb and is beginning to look a real leader on the pitch...disappointed we didn’t win on chances created...the keeper had a pretty decent debut and grew in confidence as the game went on...Williams was poor with crap delivery for the most part, Sparkes also needs to lift his game a couple of gears he looks weak in the tackle and slow...Key absolutely superb again but really should have scored...special mention for Sweenz who looks a lot more steadier and assured than McArdle.

Grecian Max

Also Sweeney has done well but looking forward to having McCardle back and more aggression from set pieces as well obvious benefits to being a proper CB

fred binneys head

It would seem that a few Exewebers currently have egg on their faces.
No egg on my face. Crisp crumbs, yes. Egg, no.

Grecian Max

Fair to say that our unbeaten run is pretty satisfying... we're ticking along very nicely and haven't been done by anyone (if anything Vale was one of our best performances for large spells)

Top 3 should be the target, can see Cambridge and Newport dropping away.

STURTZ

Fair to say that our unbeaten run is pretty satisfying... we're ticking along very nicely and haven't been done by anyone (if anything Vale was one of our best performances for large spells)

Top 3 should be the target, can see Cambridge and Newport dropping away.
Can see absolute carnage, a lot of clubs going out of business and a season which completely dismantles actually, but think we'll be o.k. Plain survival is the only success we should hope for.

Grecianpasty

Tactically Taylor got it wrong first half, playing long balls from defense to bowman up against two big centre backs, completing bypassing the midfield. Second half, different story... Balls played in the channel, bowman made better use of the ball and bought midfielders into play.

Was it me or did anyone else think the referee leant favourably towards orient on a few decisions? Lots of unnecessary free kicks given

budegrecian

Tactically Taylor got it wrong first half, playing long balls from defense to bowman up against two big centre backs, completing bypassing the midfield. Second half, different story... Balls played in the channel, bowman made better use of the ball and bought midfielders into play.

Was it me or did anyone else think the referee leant favourably towards orient on a few decisions? Lots of unnecessary free kicks given
No, it wasn't you. He was poor & made some strange decisions in their favour. Ultimately, it didn't affect the result, fortunately.

STURTZ

Williams was poor today, too many clumsy touches and halfhearted challenges, despite being left footed I think he plays better on the right, but on that side there's no doubt that Key is the way forward. Spell on the bench for Randell I suspect.

Grecian Max

Williams was poor today, too many clumsy touches and halfhearted challenges, despite being left footed I think he plays better on the right, but on that side there's no doubt that Key is the way forward. Spell on the bench for Randell I suspect.
I mean your describing his season, but certainly second half he was dangerous, that was his best performance so far. I hope we kicks on again because he was in danger of losing his place to a rookie.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
A decent point, however we could have had all three. Started brightly, but the defending for the goal was poor. We looked better second half and just lacked that final ball or bit of composure. Key will disappointed he didn’t score, not a sitter but a great opportunity.

Orient were big and strong but not great defensively when we got our passing going. Williams improved as the game wore on, Jake Taylor took his goal really well and continued his recent good form. We weren’t great at times closing them down, a few too many shots against first half and crosses in both. Their corners were better than ours.

Thought the keeper looked ok. He kicked well, although he clearly favoured his left foot. Caught and punched well when he needed too, didn’t have a direct shot to save so would have to see how he copes in next game or two.

fingers crossed we can keep the unbeaten run going, McArdle hopefully back soon and Law should be getting fitter. Hopefully Atangana won’t be long either.