• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday Thread - 1900

Pobbop

Take a point, move on well done lads, and importantly rona hasn't hit us.

The unbeaten run continues, bring on Carlisle !
And we have a little history with them ....... a game when the fans would really get behind the boys.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt's halftime hairdryer did the trick. A point is a point and, yes, i'm here to state the obvious.

STURTZ

Matt's halftime hairdryer did the trick. A point is a point and, yes, i'm here to state the obvious.
I understand you have a degree in tautology?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent point and we could easily have pinched all three at the end.

Big positive was Key and Caprice on the right side - defensively sound and good going forward. The left needs a bit of work though, Sparkes struggled against their (albeit excellent) right winger and Williams needed to offer more support.

I feel that's a game we'd have narrowly won with a real marksman like Stockley leading the line. Bowman tries hard but he can't win any headers and he's got no pace. We need an upgrade if we're to seriously challenge.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Geddin Jake Taylor, lovely finish!!
Geddin Jake Taylor, lovely finish!!
It would seem that a few Exewebers currently have egg on their faces.

Exehausted

You can get a degree in that apparently. Basil Fawlty's wife Sybil had one back in the 70's!

budegrecian

I understand you have a degree in tautology?
You can say that again. :)

STURTZ

I don't think that anybody should underestimate the game Taylor had tonight. From the start it seemed that McAnuff was going to run the show and came close on a few occasions. Taylor devoted himself to snuffing out his influence and was fairly tough in the close attention he put into it, was actually quite lucky to escape a booking. The subjugation of McAnuff coincided with Orient looking less likely to break us down and then for Taylor to pop up and grab the winner? Well has to be MoM.

Also have to praise Sweeny and Parkes, not just for a strong display against a powerful forward line but also for protecting and nurturing the rookie keeper. Great show lads!

Grecian Max

Poor first half, second half was excellent. I'm not sure what exactly happened as the the team remained the same but we were running them ragged at points. Williams had his best game of the season for us, and the idea of him, Key, Caprice all on the pitch at once was interesting. I'd like to see Key further forward so this could be dangerous option.

Great goal from Taylor - the thing is that's where he's good, bursting into the box. I like him, he's a good player being played in the wrong place.He doesn't have the passing range to be where he currently plays, so no egg on faces I'm afraid. Always been a good finisher.

Bowman was Bowman against wasn't he?