• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

ryancooper327

The idea of a clear out is to then rebuild and improve the squad (with a shiny big budget). Instead we;
- resigned one of them
- signed someone who has been slated at every club he’s been at
- a keeping coach
- a CM from a relegated team
- a non league winger
- Dawson (good) and Amond (questionable) on loan
- Brown and Nombe (good ones)

Keeping Lee and Cox is great but we’re not going to see them this season.

4 starting calibre players are needed.

Last edited:

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can’t blame MT too much, despite millions in the bank we sold our best player a week ago. 🤷‍♂️

raleighnc

Huge amount of work to do, I still believe 3 signings minimum of serious quality to be anywhere near promotion this season - MT should be given until Xmas but i really hope the board have what it takes to act if and when it goes toxic.
3signings of serious quality might just keep us out of non league. I’d give Taylor until the end of the month, we all know he’s incapable.

budegrecian

And the slime score a late winner...

denzil

Good job we have made all those marquee signings or it would have been a sheet afternoon...............

milts

Huge amount of work to do, I still believe 3 signings minimum of serious quality to be anywhere near promotion this season - MT should be given until Xmas but i really hope the board have what it takes to act if and when it goes toxic.
I fear it will get toxic very soon. Defeat against Barrow and Rovers becomes a massive game

raleighnc

We can’t blame MT too much, despite millions in the bank we sold our best player a week ago. 🤷‍♂️
So who do you suggest we blame for what happened today?

i8cornwall

I think we are well on our way to it turning toxic mate, Taylor goes then done of those who make the decision at the club should follow.

Fairs fair and all that

tavyred

So who do you suggest we blame for what happened today?
Club board? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DB9

andrew p long

looks like late winning goals for Plymouth Argyle

(and Stevenage... whatever one think sabout standards at Stevenage, the table tonight will show where Jake Taylor now is compared to City)