• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes on Loan (and now permanently)

grecianstew

Why can't the fans ever be told how long the contract is for ?

It's frustrating IMO
This is either a total wind up, in which case whoosh accepted, or you need therapy!

neilybags

A great signing for us. He really impressed me last season. Full of pace and not afraid to run at defences. Now if we could sign Ribeiro as well......

Well-known Exeweb poster
absolutely great news, totally made up, really positive start to the build up to next season, well done tis and the club.

next up rib's please !!!!!!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
This is either a total wind up, in which case whoosh accepted, or you need therapy!
I don't see a problem with the post. Whatever the length of the contract I don't see the risk in putting it into the article. When a player is out of contract other teams are likely to be able to find out if they really want to, and if the contract lengths are given it is a nice to know as it means we already know the main picture when we come around to retain list time.

I am sure that not every contract length is published but we have occasionally specified them and you regularly read about players of bigger clubs having signed a deal for three, four or five years in the press so I don't see the harm. Personally when there is next a forum or q&a its a question I would like to see asked. At least that way if there is a reason for not doing it then that can be given.

Last edited:

Pobbop

Re: Lee Holmes on Loan

Finally might put the doubters to bed! Glowing praise for all concerned from Lee, but I'm sure someone will come on here and put a negative spin on what he says!
Not being told the length of contract seems to be what they've decided:)

Well-known Exeweb poster

Not being told the length of contract seems to be what they've decided:)
you reckon it's a conscious decision not to tell us or just being, maybe,a touch remiss ?

Pobbop

you reckon it's a conscious decision not to tell us or just being, maybe,a touch remiss ?
I think it's fairly common practice, and I don't actually care, we've got him for next season at least, if he and we do well then maybe it'll be a glorious future. Long contracts have bankrupted clubs in the past, it's not like he'll attract a fee.

Red Devon

Important signing for us I think Tis is trying to shape a different type of team this time.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

I think it's fairly common practice, and I don't actually care, we've got him for next season at least, if he and we do well then maybe it'll be a glorious future. Long contracts have bankrupted clubs in the past, it's not like he'll attract a fee.
Don't see it as a negative comment for the sake of it. Whatever the length it is a good signing but it would be nice to know. Wouldn't expect us to be offering more than two years and with the grimes money spread over a couple of years then any talk of bankruptcy is not relevant. From reading about signings some seem to give details and some don't, we have specified it for some transfers.

Maybe the club don't think fans are interested and indeed as you stated some aren't. Maybe some players don't want it revealed. I don't know, as I said before it would be interesting to know if there is a reason the club decide not to do it.