• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes on Loan (and now permanently)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Lee Holmes on Loan

Good stuff, hopefully a two year deal.
Get the impression it's only a 1 year deal as Tisdale was quoted as saying he's looking forward to working with him over the next year.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Get the impression it's only a 1 year deal as Tisdale was quoted as saying he's looking forward to working with him over the next year.
Hope you are not correct on that. If he has a really good season it could then be much harder to keep him if other clubs are interested. Hopefully he will settle in the area which would work in our favour, I don't think he is a risky signing and will benefit from getting the core of our better players for a couple of seasons.

Anyway still good news and that would be something to think about next summer if he turns out to be out of contract.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Part one of "re-sign last season's stand-outs" complete, fantastic news.

C'mon Ribs, sign up!

tavyred

Welcome to God`s Country Lee and family!:)

Red Bill

I can go to work with a smile on my face now. If we can also keep hold of Ribs and bring in a brick outhouse CB, I'll put in my order for humble pie!!!!

andrew p long

Re: He signs!

Indeed! I was going to call on the mods and say this shouldn't be a new thread but tagged onto the 24 page existing one.

But it can't be. The title of that thread is 'Lee Holmes ON LOAN':)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Why can't the fans ever be told how long the contract is for ?

It's frustrating IMO

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why can't the fans ever be told how long the contract is for ?

It's frustrating IMO
I would guess a two-year deal.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would guess a two-year deal.
That would be my hope as well, but as MoominGrecian said at the top of the page Tisdale's comments if meant literally are suggestive of one year.

If I am going to try and find reasons to support two years it would be Holmes mention of his family liking the area. If you are looking to move I would ideally like to know it was going to be for more than one year. I really do think whatever the length that Tisdale should have pushed for a two year one. If the contract is one year then it would either be down to us not offering longer or that the player would only sign for one, in which case it is better than nothing.