• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League Cup Fourth Round Draw (last 16)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Certainly wont be a sell out as I can't see more than 500 boro fans coming down mid week?
appreciate its a much shorter trip but a Middlesbrough supporting friend of mine said they had 4000 approx at Bradford last night.

iscalad

appreciate its a much shorter trip but a Middlesbrough supporting friend of mine said they had 4000 approx at Bradford last night.
Don't think they'll bring that many.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have had a soft spot for Middlesbrough ever since George Friend finally found somewhere to flourish
The same George Friend that chose Bristol Rovers over a return to us? He can feck right off.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think they'll bring that many.
Could always build price of Chunks pasty into deal to entice them ?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Fingers crossed we will be in a stronger injury position come end of october(and hopefully sooner than that)

always a risk that some players who are currently fit may pick up injuries but I guess the only two who definitely wouldn’t be back that quick would be niskanen and rankine?

keeping my fingers crossed that we can put out a squad stronger than last night and hopefully give Middlesbrough a fright. Should be quite an atmosphere.

Grecian Max

You think? Given Luton didn't sell out and Boro is twice as far that would be a fair effort
They a surprisingly big club and travel very very well. New ground for a lot of them. Sell out.

Grecianman135

All lovely places 😆
I wonder if the Borough fans will be singing 'Exeters a shithole' like the Luton fans did last night (presumably ironically)
Ah yes Luton the absolute thriving metropolis,of golden palaces,and marble cladded houses that line the cobbled streets for miles...

Or more realistically the chippy and kebab shops lining the streets up towards the tin shack of a ground jumping garden fences narrowly avoiding the resting pitbulls in gardens to get into the away end,narrowly avoiding the local yobs and barred wire fences within the curfew ridden streets of Ye old Luton town.

(you'd have to hope Luton fans were being ironic) 😂

dontpassback

One of my neighbours is a retired police detective who spent 15 years in Luton,and she saw some very illuminating things !

Ex-ciderrr

Great draw, really happy with that.

We’re at home, I think that’s a plus for us to be at SJP under the lights vs a side we’ve not really come up against much, also vs a side that tbh hasn’t had a great start to the season, will be interesting despite having got a couple of wins of late to see if Carrick is still there by the end of October ahead of this tie.

Been to a few games as a neutral where Middlesbrough have been opposition in the past, despite being midweek I have no doubt they will more than likely sell out the away end, A really well supported club Boro and if past is to go by noisy too, should be a great atmosphere.

Bring it on, we are Exeter.

Red Devon

Middlesbrough at home…Doesn’t get much better than that from the POV of professing to the next round.