• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League Cup Fourth Round Draw (last 16)

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only 8 places higher than us in the football pyramid.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
They a surprisingly big club and travel very very well. New ground for a lot of them. Sell out.
Agree, last season they almost topped the list for away attendances in the championship which was remarkable, with an average away following of over 2,000.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree, last season they almost topped the list for away attendances in the championship which was remarkable, with an average away following of over 2,000.
It would be fantastic for the atmosphere (and the cash) if they sell out, but with a trip to Plymouth immediately afterwards and the form they are in do you think so? Last season yes but those two circumstances of two trips to the other end of the country a few days apart, the cost of that and the time off work needed as well as their poor form I would still be surprised.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be fantastic for the atmosphere (and the cash) if they sell out, but with a trip to Plymouth immediately afterwards and the form they are in do you think so? Last season yes but those two circumstances of two trips to the other end of the country a few days apart, the cost of that and the time off work needed as well as their poor form I would still be surprised.
They have jobs?

tonykellowfan

I don't know is this is still true, but at one time Middlesbrough were the best supported club in the country on the basis of the size of their home gate compared to the size of the catchment area (i.e. the highest % of people in the area actually going to games).

PeteUni1984_7

Think it is half term so that might help - certainly helps me come down from Worcester

Bridgy 81

I must still have my Exeter Food Action Fundraiser head on as I only counted his league goals!

Antony Moxey

One other thing to take note of is the tie will be played during half term week, so any families wanting to come down for a couple of days to take in us and Plymouth won't have to worry about the kids missing school.

Grecian Max

We’re not used to playing proper big clubs

Funny that Luton were mentioned earlier in the thread, totally incomparable in size to Boro, they’re as tinpot as us

Cup tie means a very rare (unique?) chance of visiting SJP for a fanbase that travels the breadth of the country very, very well

This isn’t Hartlepool

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

One other thing to take note of is the tie will be played during half term week, so any families wanting to come down for a couple of days to take in us and Plymouth won't have to worry about the kids missing school.
I think in most places half term is the week before.