• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like the EFL are content with takeover.

I'm sure they were happy with Power as well.

Never mind, new bloke can finance them to promotion again before the money runs out and they are back here again in two seasons

sign of the chimes

I'm sure they were happy with Power as well.

Never mind, new bloke can finance them to promotion again before the money runs out and they are back here again in two seasons
From the comms I don't get the sense that it's that sort of takeover. It's either someone there to steady the ship, or someone to create further obfuscation from what Power was up to. As a football fan I hope the former. I don't get any sense that this guy has gone in to spend big - the appointment of Garner as manager reinforces that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More bad behaviour from Joey Barton. Surely Rovers can't keep him on?

Avening Posse

More bad behaviour from Joey Barton. Surely Rovers can't keep him on?

That bloke really is a *****, I can't believe he is still working in professional football with his form.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
That bloke really is a *****, I can't believe he is still working in professional football with his form.
Or a professional club are sticking by him, hasn't got a good recorsd to justify it.
Fleetwood Town
League One club Fleetwood Town announced in April 2018 that Barton would take over as manager on 2 June, after the expiration of his ban.[183] He retired from playing upon taking over.[184] His managerial career started with a 1–0 home defeat by AFC Wimbledon on 4 August 2018.[185]

On 13 April 2019, following a 4–2 away defeat to Barnsley, South Yorkshire Police launched an investigation after Barton allegedly assaulted opposition manager Daniel Stendel in the tunnel.[186] In July 2019, Barton was charged with causing actual bodily harm and bailed until 9 October 2019.[187] He pleaded not guilty.[188] Two days later he won the Manager of the Month award.[189] On 6 November 2019, Barton appeared at Sheffield Crown Court, pleading not guilty to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. A provisional trial date was set for 1 June 2020.[190] On 4 January 2021, the club announced that Barton had left the club with immediate effect. He left the club with the side 10th in League One.[191]

Bristol Rovers
On 22 February 2021, Barton was appointed manager of Bristol Rovers with the club in a relegation battle, sitting just two points outside of the relegation zone.[192] His first match was a relegation six-pointer against Wigan Athletic that saw Rovers fall to a 2–1 defeat in the final minute of second-half stoppage time.[193] Barton was unable to reverse his side's slip down the table and on 24 April, they were officially relegated following a 1–0 defeat at Portsmouth that saw the club sitting bottom of the league, nine points off of safety with just two matches remaining.[194] Relegation had been all but confirmed the previous match, with Barton coming out in the press to again publicly criticise his players, as well as the two managers before him, saying that his team were going down 'with a wimper'.[195]

jrg333

Joey Barton is pure scum. Absolute scum. I wouldn't **** on him if he were on fire. Violent, feral creature.

Genuinely embarrassed for Rovers having him as a 'leader' in their club.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

Oldsmobile-88

Kevin Ellison signs a new deal with Newport County.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is shocking thing for Bristol Rovers to say in their statement, and I hope the EFL will more than reprimand Rovers
this is a victimless crime

• Wow
Reactions: Ash

milts

How can a crime be victimless? I don’t understand their comment which appears to come from the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.