• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
How can a crime be victimless? I don’t understand their comment which appears to come from the judge.
It means that the person who was assaulted is not pressing charges. But the Police and CPS are going ahead with the case because they think they have evidence which give them a reasonable chance of prosecution and in their opinion the culprit is a danger of repeating the offence. You often get these kind of cases in domestic violence for example or criminal on criminal where the assaulted does not want to get involved in the prosecution.

I only learnt this legal term the other night watching Forensics: The Real CSI on BBC2.

manc grecian

This is shocking thing for Bristol Rovers to say in their statement, and I hope the EFL will more than reprimand Rovers

Whilst not a good thing for them to publish I'd imagine the quotation marks will get them off the hook.

milts

It means that the person who was assaulted is not pressing charges. But the Police and CPS are going ahead with the case because they think they have evidence which give them a reasonable chance of prosecution and in their opinion the culprit is a danger of repeating the offence. You often get these kind of cases in domestic violence for example or criminal on criminal where the assaulted does not want to get involved in the prosecution.

I only learnt this legal term the other night watching Forensics: The Real CSI on BBC2.
Thanks for that.
Based on this, I question the context of the Rovers statement, which seemingly tries to play down the seriousness of the case.

Trapdoor

Rovers owner is a degenerate.

Rosencrantz

Whilst not a good thing for them to publish I'd imagine the quotation marks will get them off the hook.
They should have stopped that sentence after the word "comment".

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
They should have stopped that sentence after the word "comment".
Indeed. I can't believe the statement came from anybody in a coms or PR role.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the Crown Prosecutor said 'This is a victimless crime. No-one has made a claim of assault' then, legally at least, there is no reason why Bristol Rovers shouldn't say so.

That said, I suspect someone has got their wires crossed here as this hasn't been reported elsewhere and it seems altogether more likely that if anyone said this it would have been Barton's defence barrister. The fact that the Bristol Rovers website refers to the matter as being 'sub judicial' [sic] suggests to me that whoever wrote this piece was probably a little out of their depth.

Rosencrantz

If the Crown Prosecutor said 'This is a victimless crime. No-one has made a claim of assault' then, legally at least, there is no reason why Bristol Rovers shouldn't say so.

That said, I suspect someone has got their wires crossed here as this hasn't been reported elsewhere and it seems altogether more likely that if anyone said this it would have been Barton's defence barrister. The fact that the Bristol Rovers website refers to the matter as being 'sub judicial' [sic] suggests to me that whoever wrote this piece was probably a little out of their depth.
It would have been the Crown Prosecutor stating that. I think Rovers are trying to seize the narrative and infer it isn't as big a deal as people think hoping that most will not have a real understanding of the technical legal term meaning of "victimless crime". Either that or they simply do not understand it themselves which actually, could be likely.

Reactions: Egg

Colesman Ballz

So in Bristol, if not Kew, it would seem that you can kick your wife in the head with impunity ?

Ash

The guy was in court last month for knocking two of Daniel Stendel's teeth out FFS. How, why and who would give that tw@t *any* job is beyond me, let alone a very public one where he might reasonably be considered a role model.

Status
Not open for further replies.