• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

les.gtfc

I think we did your boys a bit of favour last night, coming from behind twice for an excellent 3-2 win at Colchester.

Our 3rd goal was one of the best I've seen scored by a Grimsby Town player for many a year, although I'd have been a bit peeved if it was scored against us that not one player "took one for the team" before Vernam got his shot off.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed Les old mate! Were you there, or viewing from afar?

Grecian2K

Donovan Wilson joins Macclesfield on a free. Hope he understands the meaning of free :)
On the other hand if ever, by some miracle, we managed to entice "our Ollie" from West London, out of contract and for nothing, would that literally make him the ultimate freebee?

les.gtfc

Indeed Les old mate! Were you there, or viewing from afar?
I actually invested a tenner to watch it on iFollow and great value for money it was too. I do struggle to make the midweek away games, especially as I've no holiday days left now until April!

It was a great all-round performance by the team against a side obviously on something of a high after comfortably seeing off your Green chums on Saturday.

Rosencrantz

I think we did your boys a bit of favour last night, coming from behind twice for an excellent 3-2 win at Colchester.

Our 3rd goal was one of the best I've seen scored by a Grimsby Town player for many a year, although I'd have been a bit peeved if it was scored against us that not one player "took one for the team" before Vernam got his shot off.
I saw Ollie on Sky Sports News earlier in a live phone interview talking the lad up. No doubt adding a few quid to his value 😉. That's the advantage of appointing Ollie.

les.gtfc

I saw Ollie on Sky Sports News earlier in a live phone interview talking the lad up. No doubt adding a few quid to his value 😉. That's the advantage of appointing Ollie.
Previous manager Michael Jolley didn't deem Vernam good enough and only a couple of months or so ago, farmed him out on loan to bottom of The National League Chorley!!!

However interim manager Anthony Limbrick recalled him as soon as Jolley had gone and he's been a revelation since.

Red Devon

Wow! just seen the Vernam goal!

denzel

I actually invested a tenner to watch it on iFollow and great value for money it was too. I do struggle to make the midweek away games, especially as I've no holiday days left now until April!

It was a great all-round performance by the team against a side obviously on something of a high after comfortably seeing off your Green chums on Saturday.
Good stuff Les. Now if you could just do the double over that lot we will forever be in your debt

les.gtfc

Wow! just seen the Vernam goal!
Not bad was it! As I said earlier though, if it had been scored against us, I'd be a bit peeved that no player "took one for the team" before he got his shot off.

chunkymorrinmunter

Looks like Westley has departed from Stevenage.

Status
Not open for further replies.