• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dave Challinor has left Hartlepool for Stockport County.
Challinor signed a new 3 year contract only 6 weeks ago.
Hartlepool are understandably not happy.They have made a good start to the season,with home crowds averaging well over 5,000 Victoria Park so far this season

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dave Challinor has left Hartlepool for Stockport County.
Challinor signed a new 3 year contract only 6 weeks ago.
Hartlepool are understandably not happy.They have made a good start to the season,with home crowds averaging well over 5,000 Victoria Park so far this season
Some big money flying around at Stockport with a number of big money signings. Where is the money coming from or will they go pop? On current standings it doesn't appear likely that Stockport and Wrexham will both be promoted so someone will have spent big for no reward :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Keith Hill takes over at Scunthorpe.

Didn't he leave Tranmere in strange circumstances. He got them in to the play-offs and but sacked before the play off games.

Red Devon

Didn't he leave Tranmere in strange circumstances. He got them in to the play-offs and but sacked before the play off games.
Feels like a decent appointment that although not quite in his North West comfort zone.

Avening Posse

Some big money flying around at Stockport with a number of big money signings. Where is the money coming from or will they go pop? On current standings it doesn't appear likely that Stockport and Wrexham will both be promoted so someone will have spent big for no reward :)
Left a bad taste at Pools. They were flying by their standards and real positivity around the town. He signed a 3 year contract only 6 weeks ago

i8cornwall

God help scunny fans, one of the most overrated managers in football.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
God help scunny fans, one of the most overrated managers in football.
Keith Hill has many similarities with our former long serving Manager in that he took a very unfashionable club in Rochdale and was very successful in two spells spanning over ten years. Latterly has been very hit and miss but I wonder what the view of the average Dale fan is about Hill?

i8cornwall

Keith Hill has many similarities with our former long serving Manager in that he took a very unfashionable club in Rochdale and was very successful in two spells spanning over ten years. Latterly has been very hit and miss but I wonder what the view of the average Dale fan is about Hill?
I've no idea about dale but he was a disaster at Bolton and he had the most basic of targets set by the club which he failed at in spectacular fashion.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've no idea about dale but he was a disaster at Bolton and he had the most basic of targets set by the club which he failed at in spectacular fashion.
Almost like Tiz after Keith Hill left his 'spiritual' home at Rochdale it all went tits up when expectations are undeliverable at other clubs. Bolton however, at the time of his appointment were not in great shape to put it mildly :)