• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Form never carries in to a new season. Most clubs have significant changes in personnel and a 3 month break over the summer means we all start with a clean slate of form come August
Otherwise known as weve lost £10m plus trying yo hey here best lost 40% of that next season

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Otherwise known as weve lost £10m plus trying yo hey here best lost 40% of that next season
Even Google translate isn't sorting that out!

TOP_CITY_FAN

This is why you just drink in Sheffield.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Message from my AFC Wimbledon mate:
"Congratulations. You will stay up as there are a lot of very poor teams in League 1. In a normal season Fleetwood, Morecambe and Shrewsbury all would have gone down with 50 or fewer points."

He has a point. Pl**outh went down in 2019 with 50 points. This year 40 points and a good GD was enough to stay up

But we'll do much more than stay up of course

Red Devon

Ali Maxwell on Quest tipping Ipswich already for the title next season

sign of the chimes

Ali Maxwell on Quest tipping Ipswich already for the title next season
Most (myself included) tipped them this. Their playing budget was reportedly around £12m this season - they recruited in a way that suggested they would run away with it. Could very well do that next season but will be interesting to see what happens if they don't get off to a good start - given the amount they're throwing at it.

Red Devon

Most (myself included) tipped them this. Their playing budget was reportedly around £12m this season - they recruited in a way that suggested they would run away with it. Could very well do that next season but will be interesting to see what happens if they don't get off to a good start - given the amount they're throwing at it.
I think he believes they have the right man this time in Kieran McKenna.

sign of the chimes

I think he believes they have the right man this time in Kieran McKenna.
There should be a more settled squad as well. One of their problems last season was that Cook had inherited players he didn't want and in bombing certain individuals out the overall morale in the squad was impacted.

It will be interesting to see how McKenna performs next season - it's going to be a bit like the Sunderland gig in terms of expectations; so there will be little time for a new manager to learn on the job.

Alistair20000

Add Portsmouth to the big club list. Forgot about them :oops:
The deluded lot down the A38 think they are a “big club”

Must hurt them to be in the same League as little Exeter.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The deluded lot down the A38 think they are a “big club”

Must hurt them to be in the same League as little Exeter.
It goes back to the old issue of what defines a big club. PAFC get attendances at least twice of what we do but at the same time they've never achieved anything, which means despite being potentially bigger than us they're also a much bigger failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.