• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I meant through out there time in the National league North there first 3 finishes at that level where 11th, 9th and 8th hardly a winning team.

They averaged between 2 and half to 3 thousand for those 3 seasons and then in the 2 seasons at that level when they where challenging for promotion from that level did it rise to near 4k.

It's a moot point anyway because they didn't get auto's today but you could also argue let's see how many anyone brings to us after 4 defeats....even ourselves!
Yeah, fair enough, you’re right. Anyway, let’s see who wins the play offs 👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oxford United's stadium plans

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
League 1 next season

Confirmed:

Blackpool
Bristol R
Burton
Cambridge U
Charlton
Cheltenham
Derby
Exeter
Fleetwood
Leyton Orient
Lincoln
Northampton
Oxford
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading
Shrewsbury
Stevenage
Wigan
Wycombe

Plus three from these four

Barnsley
Bolton
Peterborough
Sheff Wed

Plus one from these four

Bradford City
Carlisle
Salford
Stockport

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
League one play off dates

Fri 12 May 8pm - Peterborough vs Sheff Wed
Sat 13 May 3pm - Bolton vs Barnsley
Thu 18 May 8pm - Sheff Wed vs Peterborough
Fri 19 May 8pm - Barnsley vs Bolton

Mon 29 May 3pm - play off final

League 2 play off dates

Sat 13 May 7.45pm - Salford vs Stockport
Sun 14 May 7pm - Bradford vs Carlisle
Sat 20 May 12.30 - Stockport vs Salford
Sat 20 May 3pm - Carlisle vs Bradford

Sun 28 May - play off final

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's some travelling involved there ! I wonder how many hours spent on coaches that equates to...

tom_ecfc

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's some travelling involved there ! I wonder how many hours spent on coaches that equates to...
A lot.... especially since we have lost 2 of our 3 closest fixtures from this season in Argyle and FGR. Most Saturday 3pm away fixtures will be overnight stops for the players. The 2 shortest journeys will be to Bristol and Cheltenham and the 3rd shortest is ...?

Thank heaven we lost Morecambe and Accrington albeit that we gain Blackpool and still have Fleetwood.

But it says it all when ,for the League Two play off place we have to hope for Stockport (or Salford) as the closest to us of the four play off teams, with a mere 9 hour return journey. And pray that it isn't Carlisle....

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, it's not too bad for us London types with Leyton Orient and Northampton added. Oh, and Reading and Stevenage, but we'll gloss over those a little.

I'd quite like to have Stockport next season - again quite an easy train journey and would be a new ground for me (admittedly so would Salford and Bradford, but I'm less inclined to want to go to those).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure it has been mentioned here or elsewhere, but Morecambe have basically released everyone who wasn't already under contract - as the uncertainty over their finances continues. Cole Stockton amongst those released.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure it has been mentioned here or elsewhere, but Morecambe have basically released everyone who wasn't already under contract - as the uncertainty over their finances continues. Cole Stockton amongst those released.
Supposedly off to Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.