• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_H

22,576 at Bradford.
Then we need them to win the play-offs, they'd probably fill the away end at SJP, whereas the likes of Salford, Stockport or Carlisle probably/certainly wouldn't.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Impressive but as we know 'size' guarantees nothing :)
Even if you're wearing your 89/90 replica shirt 👀

Bridgy 81

22,576 at Bradford.
I expect a lot of them were just tempted by the cheap car parking prices.
I’ve twice been in their city centre’s Leisure Exchange Car Park when I’ve been in Bradford for football.
Most recently for Barnsley away this season.
I think it may be discounted a bit as I’ve stayed in the nearby Premier Inn, but I’ve never needed to validate the ticket at the hotel reception.
So maybe it’s the same price for everyone?
£10 to park the car there for a week!
Beat that.

dontpassback

Northampton town up today,shafted last season by Scunthorpe Utd,so well done,but they are a long ball hoof team,who may struggle to stay up

Colesman Ballz

Despite 9 mins of stoppage time Pym's Mansfield only beat Jay's Colchester 2-0. As a result they miss out on the final playoff place by just a single goal, to media darlings "Salford" !

Colesman Ballz

Northampton town up today,shafted last season by Scunthorpe Utd,so well done,but they are a long ball hoof team,who may struggle to stay up
Scunthorpe meanwhile, despite a change of ownership, have suffered a second successive relegation and will be in the Conference North next season. Far from those heady days of producing the likes of Kevin Keegan and Ray Clemence !

DB9

Despite 9 mins of stoppage time Pym's Mansfield only beat Jay's Colchester 2-0. As a result they miss out on the final playoff place by just a single goal, to media darlings "Salford" !
I believe the title "Media Darlings" has been handed over to Wrexham now.

Colesman Ballz

I believe the title "Media Darlings" has been handed over to Wrexham now.
Salford now yesterdays " chip paper" ! :p

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

i8cornwall

I know, because they were winning. Don’t get me wrong, they’re a proper club with great fans and have decent support. But they’ve permanently won for the last 3 seasons, let’s see how many come to SJP on the back of 4 defeats.
I meant through out there time in the National league North there first 3 finishes at that level where 11th, 9th and 8th hardly a winning team.

They averaged between 2 and half to 3 thousand for those 3 seasons and then in the 2 seasons at that level when they where challenging for promotion from that level did it rise to near 4k.

It's a moot point anyway because they didn't get auto's today but you could also argue let's see how many anyone brings to us after 4 defeats....even ourselves!

Leads

Then we need them to win the play-offs, they'd probably fill the away end at SJP, whereas the likes of Salford, Stockport or Carlisle probably/certainly wouldn't.
Stockport would bring quite a few down here I’m sure, they haven’t been here in a while and normally travel in good numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.