• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to make it 3 in a row, i also watched The Damned United last night.

It was the second time i'd seen it, and wasn't that impressed first time. It would appear that i wasn't paying attention though as it was a very good film. How accurate it was, i dunno.

Definately saw it to be more about the grudge between old big 'ead and old fat 'ead.

Exeter_Girl

Whao I can't remember the last time I posted.... (!) Um, but the last film I watched was Alice in Wonderland :)

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inglourious Basterds. What on earth was that all about? And why waste two and a bit hours when it could have been condensed into about fifteen minutes? And as is becoming the case in a lot of films these days, an awful lot of the dialogue was drowned out by background noise, as well as the subtitles for the foreign language bits being unreadable due to their colour.

Have to say it's a poor effort with little thought to the plot, layout of the film, continuity or dialogue (what little you could understand), and having such huge gaps between the action with nothing in particular happening for seemingly hours - the scene in the pub basement for instance - it was just, well, dull. 4/10
watched this a while back. Big fan of tarantinos films, but was very disappointed by this one

finetime

Inglourious Basterds. What on earth was that all about? And why waste two and a bit hours when it could have been condensed into about fifteen minutes? And as is becoming the case in a lot of films these days, an awful lot of the dialogue was drowned out by background noise, as well as the subtitles for the foreign language bits being unreadable due to their colour.

Have to say it's a poor effort with little thought to the plot, layout of the film, continuity or dialogue (what little you could understand), and having such huge gaps between the action with nothing in particular happening for seemingly hours - the scene in the pub basement for instance - it was just, well, dull. 4/10
Tarantino innit. Classic style over substance.

Walk The Line

Good film. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon are both superb. Probably their best roles in films to date. 7/10

Catching up on my music docu films but Walk The Line isn't a patch on Ray IMO. Jamie Foxx is incredible as Ray Charles. 9/10

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie Foxx is incredible as Ray Charles. 9/10
[y] Absolutely superb performance. I also thought that he was good in Collateral

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Inception. A full on cinematic experience but a very confusing plot. So much so that I can't even say whether I liked it or not. If you like the Matrix, this is definitely for you, but I am not sure if I liked the Matrix or not either. Inception certainly had a lot of money thrown at it, but the first 30 minutes left me totally lost and the rest of it didn't really explain the start very well. I might have to see it again, but I will have to find a spare 2 hours 20 minutes first.

Mr Jinx

Watched 'Chloe' last night.

I implore you all to watch it. It's like Fatal Attraction on mushrooms, and you get to see Julianne Moore AND Amanda Seyfreid get their baps out. It's a win win situation!

Banksy

Not a film as such , but an episode from Series 2 of Alias Smith and Jones , great old lighthearted western series if you like that sort of thing.

book of eli - 5/10 - average

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watched Bronson at the weekend. I'm a big Tom Hardy fan but this wasn't for me.